• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Aftermarket Coolant Overflow Tank?

icdpride

Is anyone running an after market coolant overflow tank? What does it look like? How does it compare to stock? Because lets be honest the stock looks pretty ugly

I do not know of any not stock like after market ones, so you would be looking at a custom or generic one. There are a few with custom ones but I cannot think of anyone with one out of a summit catalog although there is no doubr that it has been done.

I just bought a brand new one for my 940 from rockauto. It was roughly $18. Uro Parts brand, but it works. Unfortunately my car decided to go ape**** and fill it with rust, but that's not the tanks fault. For that first day it looked really nice. After that not so much.

I just bought a brand new one for my 940 from rockauto. It was roughly $18. Uro Parts brand, but it works. Unfortunately my car decided to go ape**** and fill it with rust, but that's not the tanks fault. For that first day it looked really nice. After that not so much.

I bought a URO tank once, lasted all 3 months before it turned yellow and started to crack. Good luck to you.

I bought a replacement tank for mine when I did the most recent engine swap. Nice new 'white' and clean coolant inside. I think they look pretty good.

The trick is getting the amount of expansion/volume of the tank correct.

Back when I had my 940 with the 5.0L, the coolant level was always at the bottom of the tank. It wasn't actually low, that was just the normal level, due to the amount of expansion in that engine/radiator combo. I always wanted to fab up a higher volume tank with a sight-tube....but ended up getting rid of the car. C'est la vie.

Just get a new OEM style replacement. It will look like it belongs in there, it will fit and it will be clean. Aren't these available from ipd or fcp?

Back