• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Hi! Does anyone have a god guide to match the AMM with the injectors? My 940 got a 3" home made AMM and the 558 injectors.
My chip don`t like me or something and the AFR is too low.. I`m tired messing around with that chip..
I taught i would try Ostrich :) Then i can adjust fuel on a pc instead of making an AMM every time..
I do not have the drivers license yet, but I have a short farm road to test it.

Is this a good idea? I do not have much experience.

If you have an ostrich you can scale the injectors using injector contant 1 or 4 and use the AMM linerisation table out of the 950 bin with the switch points for that AMM. This should get you pretty close, then you just need to dial it in with the main fuel trim table. And like Kenny has mentioned best to do all of this with O2 feedback disabled so your not fighting the ECU.

If you have an ostrich you can scale the injectors using injector contant 1 or 4 and use the AMM linerisation table out of the 950 bin with the switch points for that AMM. This should get you pretty close, then you just need to dial it in with the main fuel trim table. And like Kenny has mentioned best to do all of this with O2 feedback disabled so your not fighting the ECU.
Thank you! I think I`l try it :) My friends tells me to build it back to original. But that would be a step backwards in my world :-P I bought the car with the chip, and don`t know its history. But i think this would make it a lot easier.

Hi! Does anyone have a god guide to match the AMM with the injectors? My 940 got a 3" home made AMM and the 558 injectors.
My chip don`t like me or something and the AFR is too low.. I`m tired messing around with that chip..
I taught i would try Ostrich :) Then i can adjust fuel on a pc instead of making an AMM every time..
I do not have the drivers license yet, but I have a short farm road to test it.

Is this a good idea? I do not have much experience.

Hi.

To calculate this you need a stock AMM- and stock injectorsize.

(I do the calculation in the metric system, if you dont, use google to convert)

I dont really now your original sizes but as an example;
Stock AMM 62mm? stock injector 337cc? 558 injector 440cc?

440cc/337cc~1.30 that means you have increased your injectorsize by 30% and then you also need to increase the area of your AMM with 30%. (3,14=PI, ^0,5=the root of)

62/2=31
31*31*3,14 = 3017.54mm?
3017,54*1.3 = 3922,802mm? is what the area of the new AMM should be
3922,802/3,14 = 1249,3
1249,3^0,5 ~ 35,345
35,345*2 = 70,69mm diameter of the new AMM

Thats the "hardware" part. The "software" part, it is better that someone else answer that. Hopefully it helps someone.

Now a question, those who have tested this http://www.ebay.com/itm/G540-USB-universal-programmer-EPROM-FLASH-MCU-GAL-PIC-/110725614540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c7c2cbcc
what do you think of it?

//Dennis

Last edited:
Open letter to Beepee that Beepee never answered:

Beepee, I have some questions about TunerPro (and other related things), and could not think of anyone better than you to ask about them:
1) Is it possible for the application to display my wideband's output, or better yet, log it? If not, do you know of any other programs that would allow me to do so? Reason being, the software bundled with my PLX wideband is next to useless for a non-OBDII car like mine.
2) How can I log address tracing in Tunerpro? I am reading some (to me) nonsense about ADX files needing to be linked to the XDF in order to see legible displays/log...or am I getting the idea completely wrong?
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2674
I remember seeing videos of you fiddling with the stuff quite happily using something that looked like Tunerstudio...hopefully those weren't post-MS conversion.
So to summarize: I'm trying to get Tunerpro to datalog my main fuel table and (hopefully wb02 output as well). Halp??

good luck with that. BP had a rom that would allow for datalogging, but it was... inconsistent. you could log wideband, load, rpm and go back and look at that in like MSLVV but you had to convert raw data from the o2 input (not a big deal). I did that when I couldn't address trace mine due to having an ancient ostrich. once I swapped over to the new ostrich, I just live tuned it like an old ms box, watch o2, watch map, make change, rinse, repeat.

it's not perfect, and I would strongly suggest you get someone to drive the car to do it, but that's the easiest way you're going to get what you want.

good luck with that. BP had a rom that would allow for datalogging, but it was... inconsistent. you could log wideband, load, rpm and go back and look at that in like MSLVV but you had to convert raw data from the o2 input (not a big deal). I did that when I couldn't address trace mine due to having an ancient ostrich. once I swapped over to the new ostrich, I just live tuned it like an old ms box, watch o2, watch map, make change, rinse, repeat.

it's not perfect, and I would strongly suggest you get someone to drive the car to do it, but that's the easiest way you're going to get what you want.

So short answer: Screw LH and go aftermarket :-P

No big deal, I will just rig a camera and screencap the. Laptop. Crude, but meh. Last time I had someone help, results were far from spectacular.

Alzo, it seems like the main fuel trim table hardly adjusts idle fueling at all. Also having a hard time making sense of the accel enrichment table.

Also, the checksum needs to be fixed greatly, its working great in IPdown's program but not tunerpro. Jaybee?

I just save it on Tunerpro, then open lheditor and fix checksum. Open bin in tunerpro again and download to ostrich. Clunky I guess but it works.

SO!!!!! Looking for some experiences here...

I am going to toss in some 315cc injectors in place of my 205/210/215 whatever cc injectors in my 951(non-turbo) equipped car. Can I just copy the injector size tables from a turbo BIN to my 951 BIN to make it run happily? Probably not, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I guess the main fuel map would need to be changed as well. I just don't have a working wideband in the car at the moment and need to get the thing through emissions!

Thanks,
Kyle
I just save it on Tunerpro, then open lheditor and fix checksum. Open bin in tunerpro again and download to ostrich. Clunky I guess but it works.
Agreed. That's the way to do it.

Idle fueling isn't controlled by the main table, if you want to control idle fueling you need to hook up a variable resistor to the AMM and adjust it that way.

Have you ever tried configuring the main fuel table at all or do you just enjoy
your own fantasies ???:wtf:

YS
Jaybee

Have you ever tried configuring the main fuel table at all or do you just enjoy
your own fantasies ???:wtf:

YS
Jaybee

I have changed the fueling at idle by 10% on the main fuel table and seen no change to afr (I run in open loop all the time) if what I said is a fantasy I must be imagining the AMM pot enable flag in the XDF? Once you have changed injectors and re scaled them using constant 1 or 4 the idle is way out. I have 580cc/min injectors and have an injector constant 1 of 87, if I flash in a bin with the AMM pot disable then the car will idle at 17 -18:1.

If there is another way of doing this than the way I'm doing it I'm all ears.

I have changed the fueling at idle by 10% on the main fuel table and seen no change to afr (I run in open loop all the time) if what I said is a fantasy I must be imagining the AMM pot enable flag in the XDF? Once you have changed injectors and re scaled them using constant 1 or 4 the idle is way out. I have 580cc/min injectors and have an injector constant 1 of 87, if I flash in a bin with the AMM pot disable then the car will idle at 17 -18:1.

Sometimes the changes take no effects.. restart tunerpro, recconect the ostrich and so on...

You don't need resistors to tune 2.4.. we found the fueling and trigger table for idling..

You don't need resistors to tune 2.4.. we found the fueling and trigger table for idling..

Is this the main fueling table? Or is there another table? I have tried more than once to adjust the idle fuel in the main table and have changed the values from the stock values from around 35 up to as much as 100 with no change. yet drive the car at light load and just out of idle and it will run at 15:1 with the stock value.

Maybe my car is a freak but thats why I did the mod. I'm pretty sure I got the mod from this very thread or one related to LH 2.4.

Also why is the AMM pot enable flag in all XDF's if it is redundant?

Hi
First of all consider the fact that the "main fuel table" is not similar in function as it would be in a MS or another aftermarket system.

The actual main fuelmap is the direct converted AMM value.

The adjustable "main fuelmap!" is purely used for fine tuning, the maximum influence +- on injector opening time is approximately 25%.

This means you need to get your fuel constant dialed in before anything.

The most important constant is nr 4 and it is so wisely constructed that it's function is inverted....meaning bigger injectors=lower constant

Secondly you need to reflect upon what dynamic range your engine should operate under.
The normal reason for a substantial size change of injectors would be to utilize higher boost pressure , the as is calibration in LH has no overhead when you get past 0.8 bar boost, the 016 AMM is capable of maybe 1.5 bar at 3000 and then tapers down as RPM increases.
To avoid running with an effective static opening period of the injectors and no mixture control whatsoever inside the high boost region you need to increase the range of the map

Third is running without Lambda feedback...this is comparable to bicycling when having only one foot...
All acceleration , load change enrichments etc etc is severely restricted as the LH is designed and calibrated to be run with feedback.

If you need to restrict the working range of the lambda feedback do so by altering the maps and constants for this but do not disable it !

Cranking constants and cold start maps would also need a workover when doing a swap like this

YS
Jaybee

Back