• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fog lights on rack?

Soo I've had fog lights sitting around for awhile, and finally decided I want to mount them on my 245s rack (I have stock rack and a thule rack) ill be mounting it on the thule, has anyone else did this on there wagon? Where'd you tuck the wires? Pics? Install tips?

Thanks, Eric

I agree with fogs low and driving lights up high. I have 2 spot lights, 2 flood lights and one fog light on a 80 245. I mounted mine on a modified factory volvo thule rack. I ran the wires down the gutter and into the door. you kind of notice it but I dont care because it is a camping/work car anyway. run the lights through a relay! I ran size 10 wire to the lights and 14 between each of them. the sopt lights are 100w wach floods are 55 and the one fog is 100. if you dont have a coltage gauge get one. watch it becuase if I leave mine on too long with the head lights, and electric fan on it will kill the battery if you have a stock alternator. get a bigger one if you can.

I like the light pattern I get with the setup I have good light in the distance, lots of light around the car for when I am in the forest, and the fog light is yellow and puts a nice beam across the front of the hood.

I have something similar to theh photos. . . drilled a hole just large enough for the wire in the thule bar (hollow) and ran 'em through one of the doors.

Back