• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 240 engine conversion from B21F to B23FT

greekgiant

I was woundering if any one could help me I have a 242 volvo DL with a B21F engine in it and I want to do a motor swap to a B23FT engine. The only thing that I'm worried about is the electrical engine harness and computer. Do I have to change everything all the wires that go throught the firewall? and do the wiring only go to the computer or also to other places? If anyone can help me that would be great thank you for your time.

Bob Balafas

Megasquirt it!!!

I would go the MS route for ignition and fuel management, than you wouldn't have to splice the two wiring harness together. You would only need the alt, oil pressure, temp, and starter wire from either engine.

Did you search the list to see haw other people have done it.

Paul

BTW-Welcome to the dark side. I saw your post over at Brickboard.

I did the K-jet to LH-jet swap recently. I probably made it more complcated than it REALLY needs to be, but I wanted all the extra wires gone, and ran the relays differently.
The wiring harnesses between the two cars are very different. At a minimum, you'll need the computers, engine wiring and under-dash wiring harness, which is a gawdawful mess, and royal PITA to make any sense out of. I did it, but it took me WEEKS, nay, MONTHS to sort it out. My webpage has some vague details on the conversion.

On the other hand, getting rid of that gross, disgusting, cobbled-together, festering pile of mishmash that Bosch calls K-Jet was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT! :-D

Kevin Hawkinson said:
On the other hand, getting rid of that gross, disgusting, cobbled-together, festering pile of mishmash that Bosch calls K-Jet was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT! :-D
Seconded!

Sven: *cracks beer* "Oy, what're we gonna do about fuel?"
Lars: *cracks beer* "Ah, let's just throw a carby on 'er..."
Sven: "We ain't got none, we've just got a pile of parts!"
Lars: *shrug*

Don't blame Lars & Sven; they just subcontracted to Anton & Dieter to get them a system better than a carby, and Anton & Dieter distracted Lars & Sven with the performance of Porsche 928's & 6.3 litre Benz 300SEL's whilst installing whacky plungers & controlumaticometers etc etc etc into 240's ...

Back