• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Problem B230FK

xseto

hi

i have a volvo 940 station with a B230FK i starts but is stays at 200rmp
if i give gas it does nothing,
i tested the fuel it has 3bar or 44psi
i got spark i changed the computers and i tested bdp senors
the fuel pump makes a sound.

any thoughts?

video:
https://youtu.be/s-sH3NW3sAU

It is not surprising that it runs incorrectly when all the intake and exhaust piping is disconnected. The MAF and O2 sensor are not giving any useful information to the computer when running like that.

Try reconnecting at least the intake piping and see if the condition improves.

It is not surprising that it runs incorrectly when all the intake and exhaust piping is disconnected. The MAF and O2 sensor are not giving any useful information to the computer when running like that.

Try reconnecting at least the intake piping and see if the condition improves.

i will try it but when i disconnect it on my other 940 with a B230fk it runs good

this is just to test it, but i connected the maf and noting changes, the car had a broken headgasket and it was running like this before, but if i use the throttle it should go higher in rmp, and now it just run at 100 -200 rpm thats not enough , you dont need a lambda or maf to run. you need spark and fuel.

theoretically speaking xseto is right, you only need air+fuel+compression+timed spark to make a gasoline engine run.
But this is not a simple 1cil lawnmower engine.LOL

just re-check all work you did when swapping that headgasket. You probably made a mistake somewhere.
Pay special attention to the cam-timing and the firing order (1-3-4-2, cil1 is at the front of the engine)
Look at the sparkplug cables and connections to the dizzycap. if you connect them wrong the engine will not run on all 4 cilinders.
the injectors are batch-fired so i don't think that will be the problem.

Once you get it to run nicely on all 4, reconnect that AMM because running without it will probably cause the engine management to store error codes. It is also bad for the catalitic convertor.

theoretically speaking xseto is right, you only need air+fuel+compression+timed spark to make a gasoline engine run.
But this is not a simple 1cil lawnmower engine.LOL

just re-check all work you did when swapping that headgasket. You probably made a mistake somewhere.
Pay special attention to the cam-timing and the firing order (1-3-4-2, cil1 is at the front of the engine)
Look at the sparkplug cables and connections to the dizzycap. if you connect them wrong the engine will not run on all 4 cilinders.
the injectors are batch-fired so i don't think that will be the problem.

Once you get it to run nicely on all 4, reconnect that AMM because running without it will probably cause the engine management to store error codes. It is also bad for the catalitic convertor.

i double checked everything and its on time, and i changed the spark plugs and its the same,

monday i have a strobelight, but its weird when i throttle the car does nothing even with the amm connected

Sounds like the timing belt is off a tooth to me. Is the throttle cable connected?

sure the cable is connected im not an idiot , its just the exaust and the intake that where not complete

and i checked inside the intake and it opens when i press the pedal so i have no idea why it does nothing when extra air comes in the intake

you hear it run but it runs not good at all maybe 2 cil? but i have spark on al the cables

I just did a head gasket on a 1991 940 and have a similar issue; no power, won't idle, misfires, hard start, and will no longer rev!

Failure to rev can be air leaks, cam or ignition timing incorrect, or low fuel pressure.

Try checking compression, triple check all timing marks, recheck firing order of wires

the sparks are full of fuel when i take them out, but i tested spark and it sparks very good,
and i tested the timing 1 tooth off and ist the same, and i checked for air leak

Have you checked the timing on the crank sprocket, NOT the harmonic balancer marks; the balancer slips and the timing marks can be wrong.

Recheck all your hose clamps and idle air hoses for leaks. A smoke test or pressure test is best.

Make sure you didn't plug the knock sensor, coolant temp sensor, IAN, EGR and/or cold start injector, into the wrong plug.

Have you checked the timing on the crank sprocket, NOT the harmonic balancer marks; the balancer slips and the timing marks can be wrong.

Recheck all your hose clamps and idle air hoses for leaks. A smoke test or pressure test is best.

Make sure you didn't plug the knock sensor, coolant temp sensor, IAN, EGR and/or cold start injector, into the wrong plug.

did you managed to fix your car? and what was the problem?

i think i found it i used a strobe and the timing was not good, but the belt was ok,

i checked the flywheel and when the engine is in tdc i cannot see the marking when i look trough the starter, im gonna fix it and try it again

i bought the car like this so the other guy did it wrong

it runs and i can rev

and WITHOUT and exhaust and maf because you dont need it to run.

I forgot to plug in a 19mm diameter PCV hose on a Ford mustang recently and the car wouldn't run. I don't really want to debate whether a MAF is needed or not.

So did you fix the car!???

Back