• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

YouTube? :e-shrug: Copy and paste the embed link.

^^^this^^^

setting up a youtube account is super easy to do and doesn't take very long. also allows a lot of different video formats or you can use the free gopro editing software to convert to the .wmv format I believe. This video was done with just the gopro software as a really terrible "how to" project for communications 110 class a couple of years ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lbzHQwlVKjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nOYJhmAr_80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just have to go to your video, click share, click embed, then copy the text in the box for and paste it on here.

Excuse the somewhat late replies, I just read the whole thread today.

And this happened

1D5E4952-5DAD-4350-9A2B-19BAEA05A37A_1.jpg
If that's a stainless steel fastener, then that's typical of them to work harden and just break with minimal force. Depends on the grade, though. Some are made to be strong, others pretty, others for cutlery :-D

Re release bearing clearance: Yes! Glad you did that. A little VW story for you, in her last years driving, my gran used to just rest her foot on the pedal of my 61 bug while driving along. It had a legit original clutch setup in it, with the round coil springs etc. The release bearing? a bush! Try running that with no clearance, which is what she did by resting her foot on the pedal (in her 80s, forgive her...) wore the bushing down below the steel cage such that when you pushed the pedal in it stalled the engine (cage on pressure plate binding).

+1 on the wastegate line unhook test, just lift if it goes too high :-D Or, if you had an EMS in there, instead of an factory ECU, you could just set a boost cut to protect you. When I read the suggestion I said out loud "This!" then scrolled to the next post which said "This!" and I chuckled :-)

With crude simplistic math, <= 20psi should net your goal, assuming the turbo can stomach it :-)

Keep your chin up when stuff's not going right. Sweet car :-)

Great fun! Can't wait to see the look on your face when you hit 20 psi.

Next time we'll have to mount the go pro on the lift, or just use the phone, as the audio quality is sub par.

Yeah I was disappointed when the video came out all shaky and the sound seems bad too. Normally the GoPro is amazing!

dude this looks fantastic! good job man! can't wait to see what else you have in store for this thing! and thanks for posting up on ze youtube.

Its not a burnout, but looks like fun
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ym016ZRH618" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't get my videos to allow me to edit them for some reason.

That was a nice little pull I did that kind of shows you somewhat how strong it is

wanton mechanical abuse is overrated.
Lies, from my fleet of 10 cars, and two trailers, I've done burnouts in 10, which humourously includes one of the trailers (G80 equipt and ex B234F), and not one of the cars (4WD Stagea). I failed to do a burnout in my US 740 wagon, but damn it, I tried! /threadjack.

With a proper differential in the car it'll be a lot of fun once you get used to it, and if you don't get caught :-) Donuts and power slides >>>>>>>>>>>> static burnouts.

Back