• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

-ProjeKt Pics-

CoPa85

some work in progress pics of the '79 242.

2952461858_477187bb05.jpg

2951608621_328e9622f0.jpg

2952453088_081d65e3d2.jpg

2952554828_c143016084.jpg

Last edited:
looking cool. Interesting paint, ive never seen that before...

Nonetheless, it looks like its coming together. keep up the good work.

What are the plans for it???

Cool color! Absolutely love it.

Have you changed the roof? It seems to be of different color.

ha thanks its just primer. deciding on color. probably a bit darker green. the current setup is:

1979 242

Motor
Rebuilt B23F block about 40K miles ago (*non-turbo)
forged crank and rods, 96.6mm bore, ~10.7:1 CR (head and block decked), Mahle B23E pistons
All shortblock reciprocating parts balanced, including clutch pressure plate
Flywheel lightened ~8lbs
Turbo clutch
Euro #405 head, K cam, 48/38mm SS fluted valves, light port & polish, decked, double valve springs
SAM 4-2-1 Extractor header. 2.5" exhaust with single muffler, alu-ceramic coated
OEM Bosch K-jetronic
3 row Nissens radiator
2.5 exhaust
MSD 6AL box

Suspension
Bilstein dampers, iPd sport springs, iPd 25mm sway bars
All Poly bushings (F&R control arm bushings, F&R trailing arm bushings, torque rod bushings)
Custom control arms, 20 mm wider than OEM (improved camber adjustments)
20mm extended wheel studs on rear axle (in preparation for rear spacers)
upper and lower GT braces

Plans are run 10lb turbo with LH or Standalone system. Welded Diff.

ha thanks its just primer. deciding on color. probably a bit darker green. the current setup is:

1979 242

Motor
Rebuilt B23F block about 40K miles ago (*non-turbo)
forged crank and rods, 96.6mm bore, ~10.7:1 CR (head and block decked), Mahle B23E pistons
All shortblock reciprocating parts balanced, including clutch pressure plate
Flywheel lightened ~8lbs
Turbo clutch
Euro #405 head, K cam, 48/38mm SS fluted valves, light port & polish, decked, double valve springs
SAM 4-2-1 Extractor header. 2.5" exhaust with single muffler, alu-ceramic coated
OEM Bosch K-jetronic
3 row Nissens radiator
2.5 exhaust
MSD 6AL box

Suspension
Bilstein dampers, iPd sport springs, iPd 25mm sway bars
All Poly bushings (F&R control arm bushings, F&R trailing arm bushings, torque rod bushings)
Custom control arms, 20 mm wider than OEM (improved camber adjustments)
20mm extended wheel studs on rear axle (in preparation for rear spacers)
upper and lower GT braces

Plans are run 10lb turbo with LH or Standalone system. Welded Diff.

Impressive dude!!! keep up the good work.

2fast4u no im not a cop. the name is copa. pronounced like o in coat. but i have been pulled over by thatcher back in the day though. :) how do you know him?

Last edited:
2fast4u no im not a cop. the name is copa. pronounced like o in coat. but i have been pulled over by thatcher back in the day though. :) how do you know him?

Him and my father were childhood friends. They retired him early because he got hit by a car(I think while on duty). He is working at Richies Gun shop right now. Just bought a shotgun off him. Killer deal.:oogle:

I had no idea we had a bricker is westport. That car must be a blast to drive.

No Turbo Yet:-D

got it running again on the MSD 6al box today but the fuel pump still doesnt want to fire like 90% of the time. if it sits it will work and run fine. then after its shut off the fuel pump wont fire again. spoke to someone about it and they said something about a resistor. i think im going to just run the msd as a standalone and use a toggle switch for the fuel pumps, instead of using the relay. i can do that right? the in tank pump has 3 wires going to it. so ill have to figure that out.

heres a clip of the 4-2-1 header 2.5 straight no cat to flowmaster. Test clip. NOT DONE. running on the MSD 6AL. K cam sounds good.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgJ0IHID3T0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgJ0IHID3T0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back