• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

It's alright on the springs. I think I'd be going to overload rears and cutting them ideally. Of course on my drive out in the rain, my wipers have done the classic won't turn off behaviour. Looks like I'm actually going to need that trip to pick n pull.

That happened to me when some water leaked under the fake dead pedal sheet metal and got into the wiper relay.

Brilliant spot for that relay.

I already pulled a new relay at pick n pull on my way in to town. That place is heaven compared to the one in Edmonton.

There's a 90 740 turbo ther that would be the perfect donor for +T. Anyone want to help me out pulling that stuff Sunday? I think there's a wasp nest somewhere in/around the passenger fender, though.

I looked at that diesel. Super rare combo, but the rust has gotten to that one. Duct tape everywhere covering holes. $900 for a complete diesel swap donor, though.

Anyone interested in a set of steelies from a 98 V70 with or without pretty worn winters for like $50?
top and bottom tires have 5/32nds and middle 2 have 3/32nds and the 3rd one is some unknown brand

Last edited:
hey folks

I just sold my motorbike project and have 10 brown ones burning a hole in my pocket

my 89 245 just got a new cat-back exhaust and fuel pump, but needs new springs / struts

whats the best $1000 to spend on suspension for a daily driver?

$1,000? Bilstein HD front struts and rear shocks, iPd Sport Springs, iPd anti-sway bars.

Could go for Bilstein Tourings too, but I think you may as well go with the HDs.

Or these.

Spotted a T'Brickster in the hood on a cruise after I Two-Toned the hydras! I desperately need an eggcrate :roll:

Ha, cool. Looks like you really need rear springs though...

hey folks

I just sold my motorbike project and have 10 brown ones burning a hole in my pocket

my 89 245 just got a new cat-back exhaust and fuel pump, but needs new springs / struts

whats the best $1000 to spend on suspension for a daily driver?
Koni shocks all around, ipd sport springs, and do the dual sway bar mod on the front or iPd bars if you can afford them. Also replace as many suspension bushings you can afford, and get the Volvo OE ones or poly. this is basically what I have and it totally transformed the suspension.

If I were to do it again, I would go for the Koni's over the Bilstein HD's.

There is a Bilstein distributor in Richmond and I found their pricing to be quite good, when I had to get a replacement strut...

I do have a set of stock sway bars that you can have for cheap.

Back