• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

11 second quarter mile

KennyG

Hey! I'm new to the forum. I have a 1989 Volvo 780 Turbo which I would like to turn into a 11 second car in a quarter of a mile. I'm looking for suggestions on how to that, all suggestions is appreciated.

It should be about 11.5-11.95 seconds bone stock.

Just kidding obviously.

You’re going to catch a lot of heat for posting such a broad/ignorant statement.

Inb4

Why 11 seconds?
What’s your budget?
How long do you want it to last?
What kind of skills do you have?

Oh bud....you just set yourself up for a roast from hell. Welcome. And whatever is said/posted/implied, take it for what it's worth= $0.2

ls6+turbo
transmission strong enough to handle the power and torque loading
Driveshaft/ rear end strong enough to handle the traction from the tires
Suspension enough to keep car in a straight line and not twist/buckle under torque
Guessing loaded weight of 3100 lbs, gonna need at least 400, better to have 450 HP or more at the crank

Easiest.

Get Holset. Make J-pipe. Get 450 injectors. Get TLAO chips. Get T5 transmission.

Blow car up.

Put in LSx. Blow up transmission.

Get T56. Blow up rear end.

Get Ford/Toyota/something rear end.

Get bored. Push car into lake.

Tell everyone it should run 11's.

Easiest.

Get Holset. Make J-pipe. Get 450 injectors. Get TLAO chips. Get T5 transmission.

Blow car up.

Put in LSx. Blow up transmission.

Get T56. Blow up rear end.

Get Ford/Toyota/something rear end.

Get bored. Push car into lake.

Tell everyone it should run 11's.

Nailed it! :lol:

Don't forget the part about setting money on fire as they are toys with no resale.

Sell it, buy P85D, duct tape egg-crate grille to front of car, enjoy mid-high 11's "stock".

Sell P85D & Profit again.

But no seriously, what's your budget? Capability, what have you done so far and what does it trap now, etc.

transmission strong enough to handle the power and torque loading
Driveshaft/ rear end strong enough to handle the traction from the tires
Suspension enough to keep car in a straight line and not twist/buckle under torque
Guessing loaded weight of 3100 lbs, gonna need at least 400, better to have 450 HP or more at the crank

They're chunky little things - Google says stock curb weight is 3450-ish lbs. All that Italian style added mass.

Kenny. Come back. We're only flaming you because we're bored. You can def make your car go fast.

Back