• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Have someone tried cosmo tires?

Manufactured in Thailand by an unidentified manufacturer. I would need to know more about the manufacturer. My guess would be Sumitomo Rubber Company.

Last edited:
Produced on third shift while the major name brands are produced on day or evening shift. lol.

Some of the name brands on ebay are pretty funny. If you are considering these kinds of tires, which I have nothing against. Just be realistic and know that is the level of product you are buying. You know, for the half the price, they last about half as long, and grip about half as good. But that may be all you need.

I like the Ohtsu made by Falken on eBay, on my second set, cheap and good. Tread pattern does tramline if you've got a lot of deep grooved pavement or grated drawbridges like we do but not uncontrollable.

Stick with quality known tires that you can find real test data for.

After all tires are the first and best performance upgrade you can do for better braking and handling.

TireRack is an excellent source of data for comparison.

best deal on cheap tires for me is always Sears Guardsman
used to be U.S. made, some sizes still are but now it's pick a card, any card
last a long time, decent ride
plenty good for a NON performance tire
can do a beater brick, out the door even with all the bull **** for less than $250
less than $200 if you can talk and mount them yourself
50 thousand mile tire and the Sears satisfaction guarantee

best deal on cheap tires for me is always Sears Guardsman

I'm looking to get 4 Hankook Optimos in size 195/70R14 for about $200 + mounting.

There are several sellers on Ebay in that price range. Other options include Firestone Affinity Touring and Cooper Trendsetter SE for a bit more. Walmart also offers the Hankooks for that price. I run Hankook RA08 on my VW bus, and Hankook Optimos on my Civic.

There is also a guy selling better known prices at low prices, but his tires are old stock, like 4 years old, and the Department of Transportation advises against using tires that are 6 years old or older.

I bought and have used three year old nos winter tires without issue. In fact they are still on my wagon. lol. I agree though that something like more than five years may be a bad experience. It also does depend on the type of tires.

I'm looking to get 4 Hankook Optimos in size 195/70R14 for about $200 + mounting.

There are several sellers on Ebay in that price range. Other options include Firestone Affinity Touring and Cooper Trendsetter SE for a bit more. Walmart also offers the Hankooks for that price. I run Hankook RA08 on my VW bus, and Hankook Optimos on my Civic.

Surprise all 14" tires suck! Stick with the Hydras and get a good set of tires.

six years of what i give tires that are brand name, cheep Chinese or no name tires i give 3 years after that i will still run them but i keep a close eye on them.. I really haven't had very good luck with cheap no name tires, three years 20k miles and there usually junk.I have Goodyear's on the Volvo and generals on the Buick wet weather, dry cold pavement, and wear have been excellent, however in the snow the are hopeless. with the generals being the worst

Back