• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Fuel pump relay not where its supposed to be???

Steve Beswick

1994 945

I have been having trouble with random stalling while driving. I'll just be heading down the road and the car will just completely die. sometimes it won't start for a minute, sometimes it won't start for an hour.

After a little bit of googling, I was encouraged to check the fuel pump relay for cracked solder joints. The problem is that I don't seem to have a fuel pump relay in the usual place! the socket on the left side of the relay panel, directly in front of the bulb out thingy, is empty. The car still starts! So has the wiring in my car been modified, or do 1994 945s have the relay in a strange place for some reason?

I've seen the same symptoms in a 91 940 GLE. We couldn't get the fuel pump to fire up with the ignition when the non-start condition was happening. Long story on what was checked, but while resting fingers on the fuse with the fuse tray out in the open on the console noticed the fuel pump cutting in with pressure on the relevant fuse. Bad contacts for the fuse. Worth a look next time it does the random stalling thing.

Back