• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 240 Dash, Drill Dash for Acc Gauge Mount?

brendon_ak

Hey,

I've been searching a bit and it seems that I've found that those who want acc gauges on their early dash 240's can either try and find the 3 gauge pod for the center speaker, or drill the dash above the center vents.

Anyone have pics of drilling the dash? I don't have a perfect dash so I'm not opposed, however, if it's a slim chance to make it look not crappy then I'd rather not.

I'm mounting an R Sport cluster and looking for a space for boost and afr gauges, ideas/pics?

Somebody if the "For Sale" had reproduction gauge pods that mount over the dash speaker. This was a couple of months ago.
They are repops of an original R-Sport item, if I recall.
Steve

I didn't drill the dash...I just used some double-sided tape to hold the ebay gauge pod. Works well.

4YSatBIl.jpg

I flipped the gauge pod upside down and drilled the dash under the glove box to keep the “sleeper” look...didn’t want to draw attention to the car by having a gauge pod mounted on the dash ...

I just got this 3 gauge pod with Autometer p/n 2234 to angle the gauges towards the driver seat

Last edited:
I've seen that, I'd rather not give up the center vents. The original setup of drilling the dash sounds sweet but it's been pointed out to me how messy it would be, that and it'd only look good if it's "done right" which I know I can't do in my driveway.

I picked up the ebay gauge pod and will go that route. One will be empty for now though as I just have a narrowband AFR and boost gauge to mount

Back