• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

motor stats

Tony_E

hi all.
been lurking and reading posts from the last few days. im interested in the 5cyl turbo motors for a project. i have an older fox body that i would like to drop a b5234t (think thats the number) in. currently its got a 4cyl with a 5spd.
i know that it would take awhile to complete but i want to be different and i dont care to do a v8.

what are the best years for the motor?
auto or manual, would like to stay manual tho.
is there an aftermarket ecu or is stock good enough?

goals are 400-450 hp, in a 3100lb car.

thanks in advance for any links for me to read.

tony:)

hi all.
been lurking and reading posts from the last few days. im interested in the 5cyl turbo motors for a project. i have an older fox body that i would like to drop a b5234t (think thats the number) in. currently its got a 4cyl with a 5spd.
i know that it would take awhile to complete but i want to be different and i dont care to do a v8.

what are the best years for the motor?
auto or manual, would like to stay manual tho.
is there an aftermarket ecu or is stock good enough?

goals are 400-450 hp, in a 3100lb car.

thanks in advance for any links for me to read.

tony:)

DeeWorks already has a T5 tranny to Whiteblock adapter plate available...

https://www.deeworks.ca/product/t5-bellhousing-to-t5-transmission-adapter/

You'll probably have to modify the oil pan of the 5 cylinder engine to clear the crossmember since it's a fwd orientated motor.

If you went for the T6 engine you could fetch an oil pan from the rwd variant of the 6 cylinder Whiteblock but again, while this will do the job on a rwd Volvo to clear the xmember, I have no idea what the clearances are for the fox body.

You will need the entire engine wiring loom and computers for the Whiteblock or you can go for a standalone engine management like Megasquirt.

poulrais,

thanks for the link to that. i have saved it to my folder. most likely will go with a standalone ecu.
now i am looking for some block dimensions and anything for the motor mounts so i can get some measurements from the k member on the car.
looks like i need to find a v8 T5 trans as well.
gonna hit some junk yards this weekend to see what i can find.

thanks alot
tony

Back