• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alex's 88 760GLE

Lol. What's it matter if it's not attention seeking in it's looks? I did all the interior work myself with help from a friend in parts, and I drive it everyday of the week and I like how it looks, and I never started a thread to try and get everyone to tell me how awesome it looks. I don't need the validation from people around the world like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

nice car bro, much neater with the hydra's o reckon.

You've also converted me to liking tint. Where did you get the wind diflectors? are they good? i have one for my car, but its MASSIVE, looks like a jetson car bubble

I got them off ebay, but I can't get them anymore, I want some for the wagon too, the window seals just don't work as well anymore.

Next on the to do list is the engine mount tomorrow, then I need to swap all four doors over as they are all damaged and I have good ones, and the bootlid. Will do it over my holiday, if the wagon was in my name I'd also be doing the bumpers in white on the lower half.

Head gasket is now blown.

Will be awaiting funds so I can put 24V motor in and manual gearbox and change doors and dash and etc over.

I've had the engine a while! Few years now.

Going to do the head gaskets on the current motor, put headers and bigger exhaust on, and port the exhaust ports. Hopefully make it a bit better the drive!

Hmm, your centre console design is slightly different from that of my 740 (slopes back from the shifter as opposed to an edge). Is it a 760 thing, or a 90+ thing? Either way I might have to locate one.

It's a 760 thing, the dashes are different, I love my 760 dash a lot more then the 740 dash for this and other reasons (like the vents blowing air in a useful direction) :p

It's a 760 thing, the dashes are different, I love my 760 dash a lot more then the 740 dash for this and other reasons (like the vents blowing air in a useful direction) :p

My 740 vents seem to work just fine! Hmm the 760 interior is nice though. Just that little bit more refined. The configuration around the handbrake wrt the seat heater buttons is great.

Progress on the 760 front today! Extractors are able to bolt down, though I need to do more porting to take advantage of the extractors (ported the exhaust side but didn't touch the intake side) and the increased compression ratio (decked the heads 35 thou). Have a front crank pulley as the old one is broken which isn't that uncommon. I have the 2.5" exhaust from the 740T to use combined with piping from te 264 that I can cut up to join between the end of the extractors and the rest of the exhaust, just worried about noise!! I guess I can get change mufflers later on, I recall it being loud on the wagon when it only had a 12b on it...

Will still be slower then the 740T, but I missed having a DVD head unit and sunroof....

Started pulling apart the dash to swap it for the one I've had for years that is factory grey. Thinking of moving the battery to the boot as I have 0 gauge wiring already at the front and it wouldn't be too hard to do I think, planning to weld in the raised wagon sections onto the rear chassis rails as the 760 is never going to be a parts car again.

Also have swapped a few doors over for straight ones which have factory paint on them, not resprayed 4 times. Just need to sort out a painter to do the bumpers I have that are blue lowers.

So I bit the bullet and ported the intake side as well, so much aluminium taken out! Then I installed the heads so I wouldn't fiddle with them more, need a few more odds and ends and the engine will go back together and I'll see how well it runs at 10.3:1 or so C.R with ported heads and extractors and 2.5" exhaust....

img2062b.jpg

img2063s.jpg

img2064a.jpg

img2065tm.jpg

img2066wm.jpg

img2067y.jpg

img2068p.jpg

img2070ti.jpg

img2076j.jpg

img2077r.jpg

img2078so.jpg

img2079kq.jpg

img2080c.jpg

img2080c.jpg

img2082wx.jpg

img2084x.jpg

img2085n.jpg

img2086aq.jpg

img2087vu.jpg

img2090uh.jpg

img2091fm.jpg

img2101lt.jpg

img2102fk.jpg

img2104i.jpg

img2105jl.jpg

img2106bb.jpg

img2108gg.jpg

img2109t.jpg

img2110ke.jpg

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151158149355146"></param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151158149355146" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

She runs!

Whow, I am so interested in the results! So you raised the compression from 9.5:1 to 10.3:1 by head resurfacing? What fuel rating will you have to run in it? And the exhaust - it is full dual exhaust so you have two exhaust tips in the back, or you connect them somewhere under the car together?
So curious about the performance benefits...

Whow, I am so interested in the results! So you raised the compression from 9.5:1 to 10.3:1 by head resurfacing? What fuel rating will you have to run in it? And the exhaust - it is full dual exhaust so you have two exhaust tips in the back, or you connect them somewhere under the car together?
So curious about the performance benefits...

That's with a B280F That i'm starting with, won't you have a b280E which is already at 10.1:1?

I always run the car on 98RON, I've spoken with people in my City who spend lots of time fiddling with the PRV motors, and he said I could take of .40" but I didn't want that much off. Anymore isn't safe. Cams are also quite expensive...

I'm going to be merging the extractors (as it's just them at the moment) into resonators, merging into a 2.5" exhaust with 2 mufflers.

No, I've also the B280F, it's funny that I thought the E version was for Australia...so probably not. What will you do with the intake plenum, will you reuse it after grinding, or you will create some own?

Didn't do anything with the intake manifold, wasn't mentioned and it currently doesn't seem to affect it's running at idle, but if it's an issue in future I'd have to deck the same off both at the correct angle like with pushrod V8's.

Back