• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

She's dead Jim, 8.8 swap?

^ Kudos!

You're a braver / more determined man than I am, a little rain chases me out of the junkyards.

If I'm already stripping a 240 and starts to pour down, I just keep going. At least there isn't anyone to bother me when it's raining. I'm always ready with a rain coat/pants. When it gets cold I put on some thermals and I'm good to go. :lol:

If anyone of you want a 8.8 in your volvo. Let me know I have a jig for welding the mounts. I can source axles no problem. It isn't going to be dirt cheap. But I have the tooling and time for the next month to do it. Pm for deets

Search of 1 yard that's open on Sundays only turned up 3.73lsd 8.8, there was a Toyota pickup with their 7.5" diff, there was also a 4runner with I think a 4.56 4 shaft that I looked real hard at until I went back and read Vinny's write up again. I'm going to try the other yard possibly today but I may be stuck with the 3.73.

Other pick and pull had what I wanted, swapped the extra short axle in the housing out the door for $177 including tax and $10 core charge that I'll get back if I bring old brokey in. D2 4.10 trac-lock. I gave up on the yoke, I'll either order one in or go back for it, I did get an extra rh brake hose. 165k on the axle, should I replace the guts of the lsd? That thing is ridiculously heavy in a wheelbarrow with 65lbs. of tools, the tire was rubbing on the wheelbarrow body.

Nope, its a 9", and you cant use a socket on two of the bottom nuts on the 3rd member.

bW0H9nVl.jpg

I think the rear was originally in a 77 Bronco, and someone put Grenada calipers on it if we deciphered the tag correctly. The story I got was that it came out of a 240 built by a company who did 5.0 conversions. It sat in the sellers parts yard for years and no one there really knew anything else about it. The p/n on the caliper lead back to a Grenada, but they could possibly fit something else as well, it was just a quick search out of mild curiosity since they were getting scrapped anyway.

I doubled my investment yesterday with an order to Jegs for the Ford racing carbon fiber clutch disk kit and a new driveshaft u-joint yoke that I didn't feel like going back to the j/y for. I'm gonna start cutting off Ford brackets maybe this evening or tomorrow after work, will drag the 1030 out this weekend to start bracket swap over.

I doubled my investment yesterday with an order to Jegs for the Ford racing carbon fiber clutch disk kit and a new driveshaft u-joint yoke that I didn't feel like going back to the j/y for. I'm gonna start cutting off Ford brackets maybe this evening or tomorrow after work, will drag the 1030 out this weekend to start bracket swap over.

What kind of limited slip do you find in 8.8?

Hey I sent you a PM about those brackets. :cheers:

I talked to the guy on Facebook, his TAB mounts come with poly bushings pre-installed. He said most of the people who buy his stuff are north of 600hp. I have the Ben's spherical bearings so I didn't go that route. I do have the benefit of a plasma cutter to use at work that I scabbed the Volvo mounts off with. I just finished everything last night when I welded on a couple little tabs for the Ford brake hoses. Some Bricker posted a YouTube that I used for a guide. He cut off the anti rotational nub that keeps the brake hose from unscrewing off the Ford calipers, I didn't think this was a good idea so I left them and looped the hoses around. It doesn't look super but I think it's more secure. The LSD is great, it was raining yesterday and I changed lanes in 2nd and just sort of slipped the whole car sideways when both tires broke loose like it had rear wheel steering. Feels similar to a weldy when when both tires light up. It also drives out of corners hard, much less drama than the G80.

Back