• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New problem with larger wheel fitment

K9 240

Finally got some 215/60/15 tyres on my 7x15x20 multi X wheels.
The wheels fit under my 240 without a problem even though it's lowered a bit.
Problem came when trying to fit the spare tyre in the space provided (left rear butt cheek).
Basically it does not fit even after trimming the side panel & letting all the air out of the tyre.
This is not a large tyre/wheel combo by any means, so what are people on here doing?
Is there a space saver spare that would fit in the space under the floor?
That empty butt cheek is just the right size for a bottle of nitrous!
Tim

195/65/R15's will fit but even then you have to let out a fair amount of air. Caught me by surprise too.

Unfortunately my wagon is regularly loaded up which makes having a spare wheel in the cargo area a problem. Looks a bit odd to carry the spare on the back seat (when it is a seat).
Sorry hessam69 - no extra wheels to sell.

195/65/R15's will fit but even then you have to let out a fair amount of air. Caught me by surprise too.

I was aggravated to find this too. Who wants to carry a deflated spare? Currently working on modifying the cover. The tight area is only 2"X4".

The joke is that I was previously using a pretty narrow spare and a 140 cover. Didn't realize until lately that the 140 cover is much flatter. It didn't even come close to closing with a normal tire.

Your spare tire/wheel do not need to match the rest of your tires. Having a close diameter is all you need. 185/65-15(slightly shorter than your new tires) or 195/65-15(basically the same diameter as your new tires) will fit better and be just fine for use in emergency situations only.

I too use a 205-60-15 for my spare. It's on a 740 steelie and just fits in the area. If I set up another spare I will probably use something like Kyle suggests. That size is also a lighter tire. The 205-60-15 on a steelie is quite heavy.

I too use a 205-60-15 for my spare. It's on a 740 steelie and just fits in the area. If I set up another spare I will probably use something like Kyle suggests. That size is also a lighter tire. The 205-60-15 on a steelie is quite heavy.
The wheels he's using are 7" wide and yours are 6", so if he puts the 205/60-15 on a 7", it might still not fit.

I got a space saver spare tire out of a newer Volvo in the junkyard. Easily fits under the cover in the back of the wagon, fits over the large brakes (RX7( in front, fits properly on the adapters (I'm running FWD offset 17X7 wheels).

Back