• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Camshaft choice for 350whp+

I contacted Enem, and they recommended either the K13 or K15 for my ideas. They seem to be some aggressive cams, so i think i will have a go at the K15 turbo. 292/292/111/115/12.5/12.5/2.6/2.0/ 0.40

@Surfingbird Told you so @post 13 !! However if you are targeting 350 whp, don't go for K15, try K13 ... Tested in my build thread ...

@Surfingbird Told you so @post 13 !! However if you are targeting 350 whp, don't go for K15, try K13 ... Tested in my build thread ...

You got the win haha!

Though i know of a swede running 498 whp on a 531 head at 2,3 bar (33 psi), why shouldn't i be able to run at around 400whp. I have around 270-300 whp right now i think (not measured, but calculated 340 crank horses or so)

I am really considering the K15, could always advance it a bit, if it is too high revving for me. I read something about the stock cast crank having some frequency issues at around 7500. So i'll keep it under that.

BTW, this friend of yours, what is his displacement and what fuel does he run on ? And does he have bigger valves than stock ?

Only thing i have to notice, with 100 RON, or 100+88 = 94 (AKI), and K13 the result is a flat dyno chart, before knocking, but clocking the cam gear does not much, almost nothing. Advanced or Retarded. Of coure this result is perfect for me, but the question still remains !

Maybe running some serious octane booster will solve my question, if it is the fuel type or cam/head/valve/intake limit..

BTW, this friend of yours, what is his displacement and what fuel does he run on ? And does he have bigger valves than stock ?

Only thing i have to notice, with 100 RON, or 100+88 = 94 (AKI), and K13 the result is a flat dyno chart, before knocking, but clocking the cam gear does not much, almost nothing. Advanced or Retarded. Of coure this result is perfect for me, but the question still remains !

Maybe running some serious octane booster will solve my question, if it is the fuel type or cam/head/valve/intake limit..

Straight up always seems to have the best curve, grosspolluter did a write-up on it iirc

And that was what, 425whp on a 9:1 B21FT before the freeze plug incident? Pretty respectable. :)

FWIW the max lift will depend on both the springs (coil bind) and the lobes clearing the head. You can always clearance the head (pretty sure Hank Scorpio had to clearance his a little for lobe clearance), but you will need to look at the coil bind situation.

Back