home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Old 10-11-2004, 01:28 AM   #26
adrianpike
🔥

So whoever came from the IP 68.88.15.*** (removed) doesn't get to play anymore. Why, may I ask, did you download each and every video... over a dozen times?
You accounted for 45,737 page hits to my site, and a ****load of bandwith. Anybody feel like fessing up for this one, and explaining yourself?

I'm looking to buy, PM me if you've got any of it: LS bits, 93 850 bumper, ford 8.8", T5 WC, T56, Mustang IRS

Adrian is omniscient, you will never escape his wrath. - 500dollar744ti

doug was here
adrianpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:34 AM   #27
shaved240
Board Member

I got a bunch of videos. Anyways that I could send them to you?
1988 244: b230f+t, M46:PARTED
1995 960: SOLD
1994 945: SOLD

on the hunt for the elusive zf diff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungledorifuto View Post
ship me that m46 for 40 bucks and im game
shaved240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:38 AM   #28
the poi
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianpike
So whoever came from the IP 68.88.15.*** (removed) doesn't get to play anymore. Why, may I ask, did you download each and every video... over a dozen times?
You accounted for 45,737 page hits to my site, and a ****load of bandwith. Anybody feel like fessing up for this one, and explaining yourself?
hehe, awesome! sounds like it was a download accelerator though, opned multiple connections. check the time stamps on the multiple downloads, see if they have nearly identical start times
the poi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM   #29
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Peart
Doug got beat . Check out the burgerball vids.
ME vs Pat?

Can you hear nothing but clutch slip (BRAND new clutch, almost 2 years ago, was far from sorting the car out).

Trust me, it wouldn't happen now
History: Car 1 (242) | Car 2 (t5r) | Car 3 (255)
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:55 AM   #30
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor

heres all mine you can have

http://s90118885.onlinehome.us/bb308.wmv
http://s90118885.onlinehome.us/mvi_0273.avi
http://s90118885.onlinehome.us/mvi_1487.avi
http://s90118885.onlinehome.us/mvi_1599.avi
http://s90118885.onlinehome.us/mvi_1600.avi

I have some more floating around
Old 10-11-2004, 03:57 AM   #31
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor

Im glad to see not only did my stall video make it on there, but its got 5 stars LOL.

DOH!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:22 AM   #32
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear_vs_Coyote
I got a bunch of videos. Anyways that I could send them to you?
Sure! You can set up a FTP/HTTP download for me to grab them, you can email any less than 5MB to me, you can upload any less than 100MB to me, you can SCP them, or you can snail mail them on a CD. Any methods I forgot, you can probably do. FTP upload is out, I'm not a fan of FTP in a production environment anymore.

And teh Poi, they are. It was. It sucks. Any ideas of how to prevent it in the future with Apache?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #33
pat244ti

Thread is stickied. Why? I'd suggest if you find an intresting vid that really does not require it's own thread to post the link in here or send it to Adrian.

If you've got videos that relate to something you are sharing on your car[example- installed a locker so you did a two-tire fire down your street] that go ahead an make your own thread on it but if you got something irrelevent but cool, put it in here!

This will help people find that one video they have been looking for or for those looking for a video fix [I have had those in the past]
73 1800es - resto
08 c30 T5 6spd - daily
97 dakota 5.2 4x4 single cab short bed - apocalypse mobile

Last edited by pat244ti; 10-11-2004 at 11:37 PM..
pat244ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #34
oldschoolvolvo
Board Member

Thumbs up

Great job adrian! I've been waiting for someone to do this.
oldschoolvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #35
adrianpike
🔥

Over a gigabyte of Volvo-only videos now, with still more on the way!

Interesting Stats
8.2GB of transfer so far through October, at an average of 184 hits per hour, and 630MB/day. 44159 requests have been rejected due to server saturation, 75% of which are attributed to the aforementioned IP.
TPC @ eurostop is currently the most heavily downloaded movie (by over 1GB), both in terms of hits, and kilobytes.

Fame Watch
If anybody could find the actual thread links for these that would be awesome!
84 people have come from hatzer.at. Somebody posted the link there. I'm internationally famous!
4 people downloaded CoconutColin's vid from a link on lowandwide.net.
5 people came through a link somewhere on swedespeed.
5 people came through dragva.com.
3 came from opel-area.net
3 from socaleuro.com

A new Volvo photos section is online, if you've got any you want to enter the public domain (I really need a decent license agreement for this), upload them.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:49 PM   #36
740Turbo92Wagon
Board Member

Quote:
I think that may have been me, i use a download controlling program, and it will open multiple connections to a video, so yea, i'm probally the offender in question. And since i can no longer go to your link on the 1st post, i can only further assume i'm the culprit, if you'd unban my IP i'll forgoe the download client software and just use right click save from here on out, if you wanna be a nice guy and let me back in. Your call.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:43 PM   #37
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740Turbo92Wagon
I think that may have been me, i use a download controlling program, and it will open multiple connections to a video, so yea, i'm probally the offender in question. And since i can no longer go to your link on the 1st post, i can only further assume i'm the culprit, if you'd unban my IP i'll forgoe the download client software and just use right click save from here on out, if you wanna be a nice guy and let me back in. Your call.
Cool, I'm glad to find out what it was all about. You should be good to go again, if not, just let me know and I'll fix it. I'm working on a way to reject multiple IP's in the videos directory, so... . It would be cool if you wouldn't use the download client, it puts a fair strain on, well, everything. It won't help you on my site either, as the limiting I use applies to IP's, not connections, so basically instead of having one fast connection, you'll have 10 connections at 1/10th of the speed of the other one. It probably helps on sites with a larger connection, but mine runs pretty maxed out all the time nowadays.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #38
The Aspirator
It's a girl!

Yesterday the connection I was getting was REALLY slow, and that's with a 5mb cable modem. Just tried some again today and I can't seem to download anything.

Mpeg, Avi, and divx say "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

WMV says "cannot open. please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again"

What does that mean? Is that an issue with your system or mine? Yesterday I got them to work fine, but they took forever to download. Doug's stall took about 10 minutes to load....

PS, ya like my picture I posted??

John
The Aspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #39
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aspirator
Yesterday the connection I was getting was REALLY slow, and that's with a 5mb cable modem. Just tried some again today and I can't seem to download anything.
Alas, 'tis true. In my attempts to fix hotlink prevention, I made it so it would only allow referers from adriantech.com. Of course, I completely forgot about the fact that Microsoft loves to send blank referers in their software. So basically it's fscked for a few hours until I get back from my GF's place (no SSH here). I really would like to block people hitting save as from an off-site link, and mod_rewrite it to my requisite "this is my bandwith, love me for it" page, but I'm not quite sure yet how to go about it... Updates at 11.
And the speeds are a problem, I know. My bandwidth is pretty much straight maxed 16/7. You could try in the early afternoon or late morning, that's time when the least people are DL'ing. Although right now, if you could send the headers correctly, you'd probably get some decent speeds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aspirator
PS, ya like my picture I posted??
Why yes, yes I did.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:17 PM   #40
capthook
Board Member

doh not working again, wanted to see the burgerball pics :P pm me if u get them back up again

l8r
Done Right The First Time, and ready for the second: 89 Volvo 760 Turbo; Custom Intake, Black Turbo Eggcrate 940 Grill, Clear Euro Side Lamps, 14 spkr 1,200watt X-Plod System, IPD VX camshaft, custom turbo w/ compress. , fast boxes finish first.
capthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:56 PM   #41
adrianpike
🔥

Everything should be working again, PM me if it doesn't work for anybody. Direct links don't work (intentionally), but you can still right click & save. Any ideas on how to block empty referers while still allowing traffic that comes through my site through yet passes empty referers?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #42
Neil Peart
2nd gear burnouts...

why are some of them dl as HTML Docs??
81' 242 Ti- 23PSI, 91 B230FT Block, 8:0:1 comp. Built 164 Head w/B230 intake, Port/Polish, Cc'd, 3 angle, Decked, B-Cam, 740 Pumps, 110 octane, PS/AC Delete, Hi-Velocity steel elec. fans...yadda yadda.
**Sold and Shipped to Norway**

92' 244- E-Fan, PS/AC Delete, Cut Springs, Single Muffler-No Cat **Burned to the Ground**

Now I drive a Honda Pilot...
Neil Peart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:09 AM   #43
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Peart
why are some of them dl as HTML Docs??
Lots of people were direct linking the vids, so basically direct links redirect to an html page, with an operational link to the vid. You should be able to still download the video's just fine, unless your browser is sending crazy referers. I'll take a look, though, and see if I screwed something up.
Example: (it should come up as HTML, and the link on the page should work)
http://www.adriantech.com/volvo/vide...o/110_1037.AVI
Old 10-20-2004, 02:03 AM   #44
740Turbo92Wagon
Board Member

Quote:
Lots of people were direct linking the vids, so basically direct links redirect to an html page, with an operational link to the vid. You should be able to still download the video's just fine, unless your browser is sending crazy referers. I'll take a look, though, and see if I screwed something up.
Example: (it should come up as HTML, and the link on the page should work)
http://www.adriantech.com/volvo/vide...o/110_1037.AVI
i e-mailed you some videos..
740Turbo92Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:53 AM   #45
adrianpike
🔥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740Turbo92Wagon
i e-mailed you some videos..
They're uploaded and good to go. Thanks!

Direct link block testing...

Last edited by adrianpike; 10-21-2004 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-22-2004, 12:57 AM   #46
Neil Peart
2nd gear burnouts...

ooo sry doug.Well at least good to hear you would have won hehe, i couldnt tell if the clutch was slipping, i just could tell, somthing was up, thats why the confused face. DUUUDE UR CAR!!! IT SOUNDS CRRAAAZY!!!! I serousily CANT GET OVER IT, that sound it sent chills up and down me. someone can make a volvo sound like that. If u dont mind sharing??!!! I def consider you one of the most Innovative Volvo people on this planet!....dl the last 2 or 3 vids on the list. The car sounds amazing!! I would never think that thing was a V4, neither would anyone else...very nice!!

Last edited by Neil Peart; 10-22-2004 at 01:11 AM..
Old 10-22-2004, 01:44 AM   #47
dmcgee
Jackass

straight 4
dmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #48
Neil Peart
2nd gear burnouts...

omg lol...ur right... sry. Striaight.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #49
740Turbo92Wagon
Board Member

3 more to your inbox... i have a video of me being absolutely destroyed by a heavily modded busa if anyone wants that too...
740Turbo92Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #50
nohbudi-work

you realize that even a completely stock cbr600 would cut you a new anus... that busa really didnt need to use the throttle......