• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvader

Stock style KYB struts and springs in the front. With Chris's (15A's) upper strut reinforcement plate!

IPD overload springs with KYB heavy duty struts in the back.

I really, really don't understand why it's so high, I had my Volvo Master Tech do the front suspension a couple months ago, I just did the rear suspension last week! Wish I had an answer, maybe he knows!

Jack it up, let dem wheels sag, tape measure to the rescue. Count coils or take pics or something.

Reminds me of the Crown Vics you'll see downtown around here :-P

Dang man, drive in what ever else and just come hang out!

I might have to borrow a car for the trip...if at all possible.

Why is the 244 getting parted?

Remember Peterpalooza? Remember my Spy Hunter status smoke screen everywhere...3 hours back, 3 hours forth, and the entire time we were there at said Peterpalooza? Pretty sure the rings are shot...possibly due to fuel washing down the cylinder walls...or just boost applied to 30 year old NA rings...not sure. Still runs though...just smokes.

I might just strip it of the basically brand new suspension parts I had put on it recently and junk the shell if someone might want it for a LeMons car...or a ratty V8 sleeper. Once I get my phone back (with all the pics in it) I'll be posting up another FS thread for it and/or its parts.

Gotcha, I had t realize that you hadn't fixed that! I guess it wasn't the turbo, eh!

Nope...not the turbo...especially after swapping 3 different turbos into it...
Pretty sure it's rings or something. I'm getting a decent amount of oil/vapor coming through the PCV...that's subsequently getting sucked in through the snail...then compressed and fed into the intake...then out the tailpipe. I'm probably gonna just return it to stock form.

Anyhoo...started tearing into my 242 the past few days. She had a failed exhaust/turbo manifold gasket. So in the process of the replacement...switching over to a 90+ manifold and a few other good bits off of the 244...maybe even a lick of paint...not decided yet.

Back