• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

October 6th, BBQ / help me get over this tragedy

SwedishBrick242...

Trying to get somewhere
UPDATE: 9/30/07-----
Here is my contact info and address:
Cell: (650) nine zero six 2 three three 2

Edit: On second thought... PM me for my address...

I'm going to start working at around 9am, so anytime after that when people can show up is great. This probably won't stop until the daylight does. BBQ will probably be about 12:00 or 1:00ish and I'll order us some pizza when people are hungry again.

------------
I know a few of you have already volunteered your time, and you have no idea how much that means to me. I appreciate it more than you could know!

I should have the car ready to have the swap done by October 6th, so that is the day for the BBQ and engine swap party. I need to get some stuff together before then so I am making a list. If anyone has this stuff available and can bring it, please let me know as soon as possible:

Stuff I need:

Intercooler
LH2.2 swap stuff (I already have a B23F intake on the other car)
spring compressors (Covered; thanks Chris!)
*some other things... If you think of anything, please let me know*

The plan is to swap the engine, transmission, convert to LH2.2 and get the suspension in there. The priority is on the engine and tranny and LH2.2. I can always get the suspension done myself if we run out of time.

I am going to try to procure an engine hoist before then. I apologize in advance for my ****ty work space and driveway. (Its kinda sloped a bit and pitted)

Please let me know if you definitely can come, or are still a maybe, so I can get the right amount of food/drinks/etc.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Last edited:
I know a few of you have already volunteered your time, and you have no idea how much that means to me. I appreciate it more than you could know!

I should have the car ready to have the swap done by October 6th, so that is the day for the BBQ and engine swap party. I need to get some stuff together before then so I am making a list. If anyone has this stuff available and can bring it, please let me know as soon as possible:

Stuff I need:

Intercooler
LH2.2 swap stuff (I already have a B23F intake on the other car)
spring compressors
*some other things... If you think of anything, please let me know*

I am going to try to procure an engine hoist before then. I apologize in advance for my ****ty work space and driveway. (Its kinda sloped a bit and pitted)

Please let me know if you definitely can come, or are still a maybe, so I can get the right amount of food/drinks/etc.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

If I get a job by then I will schedule that day off. It will be good to get all the **** swapped to your other car.

If it looks like you are not going to have enough hands to get the work done, I'll show up to help, if I can get a freebie mil flight.
I haven't been up there for years, and it would be fun to see what's new.
Will know for sure by Oct 1...

I'm pretty sure I will be up in the Carson City area in the near future so I can get the intercooler for Logan if you can't bring it down Aaron!

Just got the brick moving again... Aside from the lack of tranny fluid, it seems to run fine. I really need to get the old girl cleaned up, but its going to be one damn fine machine.
If it looks like you are not going to have enough hands to get the work done, I'll show up to help, if I can get a freebie mil flight.
I haven't been up there for years, and it would be fun to see what's new.
Will know for sure by Oct 1...
Right on :) Just let me know for sure when you can so I know how much food to get.
I'm in. PM me your phone #/ Address so I can find you.
Excellent :) As the time rolls closer, I will either post my addy and number or I will do a mass PM.
I'm there with a box full of tools and whatever else I can think of between now and then.
:zeeall: Thanks Justin :)
I'm pretty sure I will be up in the Carson City area in the near future so I can get the intercooler for Logan if you can't bring it down Aaron!
If you are, that would be great. Thanks!
Oh hey I've got a pair of spring compressors and an ic rotting in my garage.
Sweet! Are you going to be coming?

For those that have parts that I need, I may be able to help you out with parts that I have laying around including an entire tan interior.

Sweet! Are you going to be coming?.

Unless I totally forget, yes. As with anything I'm clearing out of the garage, I'd prefer cash over trade (unless it's something that I really really really want for the 760). Not that the IC is worth much.

But... if you're needing spring compressors, you're doing struts? Make sure you have a pickle fork (if you're going to replace the ball joints) or a ball joint puller (if you're not). I'm gonna swing by AutoZone in the next week or so to rent one so I can swap over the front Bilsteins into the gold wagon without destroying everything. Sledge hammers are also nice to have.

Make sure Justin brings his air compressor and Harbor Freight special.

Unless I totally forget, yes. As with anything I'm clearing out of the garage, I'd prefer cash over trade (unless it's something that I really really really want for the 760). Not that the IC is worth much.

But... if you're needing spring compressors, you're doing struts? Make sure you have a pickle fork (if you're going to replace the ball joints) or a ball joint puller (if you're not). I'm gonna swing by AutoZone in the next week or so to rent one so I can swap over the front Bilsteins into the gold wagon without destroying everything. Sledge hammers are also nice to have.

Make sure Justin brings his air compressor and Harbor Freight special.

Cool. Name your price on the IC. I don't think I have anything useful for a 760. I will need it one way or another. If more than one comes, I will take it too... never can have too many spare parts ;-)

I should look into that about the suspension. I am not sure how much is going to be able to make the switch since I have not yet looked under the car. Once I figure that out, I will be able to figure out what I need.

I have a big ass crowbar, but I doubt that will be enough to pry the metal away enough to get the engine out of the silver car... I will have to see what I can do before this time.

That process is going to be depressing :-(

Back