• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

I finally got back in town and finished painting the block.

FUY2oVE.jpg

Well its pink!

Almost all the parts are here, just waiting to go on, all thats left to get is a clutch. Any recommendations for an M47 with a dished flywheel?

I've got no input on the clutch, but I like the paint, its different and ought to look interesting in the car.

Also, don't feel bad about getting the aluminum bung, I did the same thing at first. Steel works a bit better haha

So theres no real updates for two main reasons: Its been raining almost nonstop all week and my mother was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Doc says it is treatable and i know she's as strong as my brick, so i know she can make it through this

I don't wish that on my worst enemy. I hope the best for her.

Ok I see now why you went with pink! ; ) I like it!

Nothing wrong with starting with the stock clutch. I am shopping for a clutch for my 240 M47 right now and I was thinking the 940 Turbo clutch would be stronger than the 240 NA clutch, but my initial research is showing them as the same part number....

AC solution for 1985+ 240 using a quick search:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=271635

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words! Interesting about the clutch showing the same part number. And they're way different in price. Thanks for the link, looks really helpful already haha, surprised I haven't seen that one yet.

Found some free time to get a couple things done here and there. Found this little guy chilling on the block...

6TwZkRN.jpg

Not quite sure how this happened

gOuPist.jpg

I thought the head looked kinda ugly and decided to paint it with the Dupli-Color "Cast Aluminum" high temp color. Doesn't look too much like aluminum but i like the color with the pink.

Cyu6vR4.jpg

Im 99% sure i have everything i need to put this thing back together, only thing missing is time haha.

Last edited:
So its a little off topic, but its the reason why i haven't made progress. I found a nice 1990 740 turbo wagon in the neighborhood and made an offer and got it cheap.

rkmFQ4y.jpg

It was sitting for 4 known years but jumped and started right up. Barely chugged home, but I'm surprised it even ran.

vSV9tuQ.jpg

0fvPHeU.jpg

Replaced/Cleaned it all up and it runs like a champ! I can finally ditch the Ford Explorer DD.

I had a little time before school to paint my valve cover.

GlZx4ts.jpg

Ive been spending a LOT of time at school carving a wood block and finally finished and got it printed. Should have some more free time coming up now that thats over haha.

Its 8ft wide by 4ft tall...huuuge.
63qno1W.jpg

For a size reference, they had to use a steam roller as press a to print it. Kinda cool its a Volvo haha.
Sa3GGWI.jpg

It actually might make a really awesome headliner!

All thats left is to prep/paint the bay, put the engine together, and drop it in. Then i can be on the road again!

I had school all day today and its been raining since i got home so i haven't done any work today, but something awesome came in the mail today...

IsdnELm.jpg

The first ever (according to my knowledge and research) LH 3.1 Turbo Chip! Thanks turbotankshane! The motivation is reeeal

That's a transmission cooler you have there.

Yeahhh, i found that out haha. Im still gonna try to use it as an oil cooler.

Midnight purple would look kinda cool. Not sure where you would find that color high temp paint though.

Anyone install one of the round-toothed blue Gates Racing timing belts? Mine seems like the distance between the teeth on the belt are closer together then the teeth on the camshaft gear.

*edit* I found out why the belt won't fit...i assumed the round toothed belt would fit on the square toothed gears but turns out (who woulda thought) it won't haha.

Last edited:
Got the timing belt on and the intake manifold clean and bolted down.

GJTyUy0.jpg

Ive also been prepping the bay for paint but don't have pictures. My goal is to be on the road by November 14th. Gotta put in work!

After a long fight with the exhaust manifold studs, i put in some fresh ones and mounted the manifold and turbo.

TFxYmyO.jpg

I also got the oil feed line on and mocked up the return line. Gotta do the rear main seal and the crankshaft cover gasket before i can put the oil pan on.

Back