• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 T5 stock Rods? (225HP engine)

They say that 1.2 bar is the maximum you can load on the 850 t5 (b5234t)
I have run 1,2bar t19 turbo with blue injectors, 3" downpipe and cat back , thats about 330-350hp (engine) on my 97 ( yes the rods are the weak point)
The 05- engines are close to bullet prof, you can throw 500hp at it all day with out touching the internals.

I always thought the weak point was the OE tune and it's inability to keep up with fast spooling 19T's. Timing would be too aggressive and detonation would occur.

I'm pretty sure if you get a good tune AND slow the spool down you'll likely end up being fine.

I'm counting on this.... got an '07 B5244T5 on the dolly in my underground Swedish garage :oogle:

Thats the way to go, I?m running S60R internals in a b5234t block and head

Get a exhaust cam from a S engine they have 11mm lift and should give you an extra 11hp

Rods are cheap and easy to change. If you want more than 350 ft lbs of torque upgrade rods. These engines will make a ton of torque real quick and easily. Most tuners are trying to eliminate fast spooling turbo and low end torque to save the rods. With a fairly low tune with stock components these engines will almost hit 300 ft lbs of torque.

The 2.5 engines may or may not have better rods but they do have cylinder wall issues.

Thats the way to go, I?m running S60R internals in a b5234t block and head

Get a exhaust cam from a S engine they have 11mm lift and should give you an extra 11hp

So if i get the 850 T5/R/T5-r/turbo with the b5234T engine and get the internals from the S60R i more or less don't have to care anymore about anything breaking? Or is it better to get the the whole engine from the S60R? Do the internals from the S60R in the 850 give the extra .2 liters?

So if i get the 850 T5/R/T5-r/turbo with the b5234T engine and get the internals from the S60R i more or less don't have to care anymore about anything breaking? Or is it better to get the the whole engine from the S60R? Do the internals from the S60R in the 850 give the extra .2 liters?

That depends ...are you going for a "reg besiktning"

Yes you will have a 2.5 liter engine

Yes you will have a very strong engine with S60R internals

The cheapest way to go is to get a normal turbo engine out of a 2005 or newer and use that, all the newer turbo engines have great internals and you should be able to get the car "reg besiktad" if you dont have more than 225hp ( on papper ) I?m not sure but I think the normal turbo had about 200hp.
Go to returbilar and pull a engine, there about 3000kr that way you will save a lot of cash

I've in process of sourcing the non-VVT cams as recommended by Johann. I've got the exhaust, still must find an intake (2003 model T engines only). The exhaust he recommended I believe came from a 2000 model (non T).

You can still break 5h1t with a bad tune.

I've in process of sourcing the non-VVT cams as recommended by Johann. I've got the exhaust, still must find an intake (2003 model T engines only). The exhaust he recommended I believe came from a 2000 model (non T).

Yes the exhaust cam is from a 2001+ non vvt from the B5244S engine, as for the intake cam you could go GLT (as I have) that will give you 8.5mm of lift, the T5 cam has 7.5mm lift, I don?t know what cam you are referring to but I could read up and see. I thought the R cams were the best but i could be very wrong.

As for the VVT you could just "lock" it and that would keep it put.

That depends ...are you going for a "reg besiktning"

Yes you will have a 2.5 liter engine

Yes you will have a very strong engine with S60R internals

The cheapest way to go is to get a normal turbo engine out of a 2005 or newer and use that, all the newer turbo engines have great internals and you should be able to get the car "reg besiktad" if you dont have more than 225hp ( on papper ) I?m not sure but I think the normal turbo had about 200hp.
Go to returbilar and pull a engine, there about 3000kr that way you will save a lot of cash

Okay, thanks dude, i'll look into what returbilar got. I'll figure something out. It would still be kinda fun and a good experience to build a engine but that's just me.

edit: would the B5254T2 be good? it's LPT engine or do i have to find the higher end ones? Like B5254T3/4/5?

Last edited:
would the B5254T2 be good? it's LPT engine or do i have to find the higher end ones? Like B5254T3/4/5?

Alex
You can use a t2 t3(best) t6 and t8 if you are going for a street legal car i.e 740 or 940 ..if your going 240 you need to drop below 200hp

You might be able to use the slightly more powerful engines (227hp) but it only takes one grumpy besiktnings gubbe to ruin your year

Alex
You can use a t2 t3(best) t6 and t8 if you are going for a street legal car i.e 740 or 940 ..if your going 240 you need to drop below 200hp

You might be able to use the slightly more powerful engines (227hp) but it only takes one grumpy besiktnings gubbe to ruin your year

But im not going for a 740 or a 940 though my dude. 850 wagon is the key to happiness.

Back