• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Why I missed Bondo's BBQ (Or, Weekend Project 2.0!)

So, you put a .027 HG on a basically stock engine and everything is kosher? Cool.

Yep, something like 10,000 miles later all is fine.

Marvelous3 said:
You know, eventually everything from the red will find it's way to the blue right?

The blue already gets all the red's handmedowns, it's wearing it's brake pads & rotors right now, so assuming I don't pop the current 16vT it'll wind up in the blue car when I go wilder. :lol:

163725_708691494660_25901816_39800356_6890742_n.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

crossing finger's all is kosher. slightly concerned about contact, but it let go at ~1500 in traffic.

Had it towed home, and of course the red one is blocking up the garage missing most of its wiring, brakes, plumbing, suspension, and exhaust, so I'll be working in the driveway. :rant:

so it's what, .030 or so thinner than a stock hg? i just don't think the valve lift is enough to be a problem, unless you've had the block decked to zero or something...

It's interesting that it let go after the car was running. As opposed to when the motor was initially cranked over.

163725_708691494660_25901816_39800356_6890742_n.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Dammit,

I've got two ~thirty year old 240s here that both need timing
belts. Worse, I have the belts, new tensioners, fan belts, front
seals, etc, all waiting to do the job, just no time. I'm doomed.

Ah well, at least they are non-interference.

Better a tow than a new head, eh?

Hope its all good man.

she lives! longest amount of time was getting the crank pulley off so I could get the lower timing covers clear, did it in a couple of hours on & off while PB was soaking into the red car's brakes.

Changed all the belts while I was at it, some of those looked like they were from the 70's. :omg:

Here's to another 50k of maintenance-free daily hooptyage!

It's interesting that it let go after the car was running. As opposed to when the motor was initially cranked over.

the only timing belt i've ever had pop on me was my 760, it went as soon as i down shifted/got into boost on my way up a long hill. but in all fairness, the belt didn't rip- it just tore all the teeth off of a 6" section at the crank.

Blue lightning got HD's and a "new" exhaust! I've gone mad! :omg:

edit:// still haven't changed the oil this year, so at least that's still normal

Back