• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Matt's 97 V90: The V9000+

From what I've seen the 850 struts will swap straight in. Again, look at what The Poi has done. He posted on the first page of my thread.

You just have to make shorter endlinks.
Enldink tabs are placed a lot lower on the 850 strut.

Looking at your car makes me sad... mine is so far from done :(
Where did you score those little flag holders?? I want them!

Yeah, I saw that pic on VS. She'll be sweet when she's done :)

I made my flag holders out of sheet metal (18 gauge iirc). They are formed to match the fenders where they bolt to the frame horns. The front most fender mount is a stud. The flag holder slips over that and bolts down with the factory 10mm nut. Fits perfectly between the hood and fender. When I'm not going to use them for a while I remove them but otherwise they are sleek enough to stay on the car. I'll try to snap a pic later.

Sorry, just poppin' in: really like your car and all the effort going into it making it more 'your car'. Like it!

About the 'baking proces' to take the corners apart, here's a short Youtube film where they are taking headlights apart to fit in HID's. Might be of help, just to watch and decide (not) to do it...

I was thinking of using something like smoke tinted headlight film on 'headlights plus corners' in once exactly for the reason that the corners are so light and you can't get in there. Might work?

Dree

I'm working on it, Ryan. It might have different wheels by the time I have a real shot done ;-)

Dree, thanks for the video. I've been thinking about just tinting the lenses. I just have to figure out a shade that is perfect.

At any rate, I've got finals and reports due next week so I doubt there will be much progress until next Friday. After that I've got some cool plans in mind (including redoing the rear suspension). I'll keep you all in the loop.
I made it in the first 40 seconds of this Honda video from a local meet. There were over 3000 cars that showed up, everything from Kias to exotics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPobFAo7RY

Also, I didn't take this but she looked pretty good :)
885334_249474431856273_976578981_o.jpg

Indeed niiiiice... :cool:
And while you drive by the car shop next week, buy a pair of those chrome indicator bulbs; will look even better (if you can find them in the right fitment of course (EU/USA)). Or is that illegal in the States (side marker wise etc.)?

Anyway, good luck next week on your finals!

Indeed niiiiice... :cool:
And while you drive by the car shop next week, buy a pair of those chrome indicator bulbs; will look even better (if you can find them in the right fitment of course (EU/USA)). Or is that illegal in the States (side marker wise etc.)?

Anyway, good luck next week on your finals!

Thanks, man! I'm thinking about getting some of those bulbs but I would rather have black tinted ones (I don't think that works though).

I'm working on it, Ryan. It might have different wheels by the time I have a real shot done ;-)

Dree, thanks for the video. I've been thinking about just tinting the lenses. I just have to figure out a shade that is perfect.

At any rate, I've got finals and reports due next week so I doubt there will be much progress until next Friday. After that I've got some cool plans in mind (including redoing the rear suspension). I'll keep you all in the loop.
I made it in the first 40 seconds of this Honda video from a local meet. There were over 3000 cars that showed up, everything from Kias to exotics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPobFAo7RY

Also, I didn't take this but she looked pretty good :)
885334_249474431856273_976578981_o.jpg
my favorite car on tb

you need LED bulbs cuz
Just get LED bulbs for the side markers. Super stealth and VERY bright.

I know, I know. I'm working on it. Suspension revamp comes first though.

what do you use for detailing your paint?

Front and back bumpers are fresh.

Cut most of the car last summer with a medium polish; I don't remember what brand.
Haven't clay bar'd it yet but will probably use Meguiars with either their cheap QD or Optimum No Rinse (ONR).
Turtle Wax on the hood and a few other surfaces (I'm open to suggestions on waxes).
Griots Garage Speed Shine QD. I absolutely love this stuff.

My paint looks really good up to about three feet ;-)

my favorite car on tb

Thanks Stephen! <3

Back