• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

It will be march before I'm able to ingest just a little moar scopolamine and destroy and a perfectly good car though so not much else to say... till then!

Well then good, and isn't that speshul.

Please take some time to complete a Turbobricks Feedback Form so that we may better serve you in the future.

picture.php

Your participation is appreciated. Thank you.

Dude, your life would be much easier if you started with a rwd 940/960/S90 then tinker away with making whatever kind of power you want with the 5 or 6 cyl engine. Volvo made some pretty decent rwd cars. However along with everyone else I don't think your original plan will happen once you start chopping out body panels and welding ish back in just crooked enough that it'll never look right then it's off to the crusher.

For a supercharger- look up sprintex for say a 3.0l Jeep. Add in some, maybe 4-6, laminova intercooler cores, design and machine an end cap that runs the cores in series>parallel. Design it so the cores are at the mid point of the system, reservoir at the high point. That makes it easy to burp.

The sprintex blowers are a twin scew style lysholm supercharger. Their efficiency is probably the highest you’ll find in a positive displacement charger.

Laminova intercooler cores offer the highest efficiency of air>liquid heat exchangers.

I will actually put money on this never happening.

In fact, I?ll bet my own work against it (since it?s your goal to make someone like me cry)

Take your pick:

-Some hooptie FWD convertible eclipse I built on the street in front of my house a decade ago. Still holds the record for fastest street FWD car, 1:31.26 at Big Willow.

-Some hooptie fox body mustang we put a junkyard LM7 in. 907 whp on stock junkyard ****. Runs 5.45?s in the 1/8th at 132.

-Some hooptie ?62 Nova with an LQ4. 1130whp on mostly stock ****. Runs same times as the fox body above.

I?ll give you a decade, yes, ten years to beat my own work and make me cry. I?ll put $10,000 on it. You?re already making me laugh, so you?re half way to winning already.
It was more a joke on that part than a goal buddy but you took it so personal like I made the whole post just that. So cute with all that pent up aggression lol.

It literally comes from this joke. man walks into a bar says I bet I can make that horse out there laugh. Bartender says I'll take that bet. Man walks out whispers in the horses ear and it starts laughing hysterically. The bartender pays up. the man says I'll give you a chance to win your money back, I bet now I can make him cry. The bartender takes the bet. The man walks out but all the bartender sees is he undoes his belt then the horse starts bawling like a baby. man comes back in The bartender says all right I'll pay but what did you do? The man says well first I told him my **** was bigger then I showed him.

Sorry if that offends anyone I did sensor it but had to explain the joke to butthurt mcgee here.

Well then good, and isn't that speshul.

Please take some time to complete a Turbobricks Feedback Form so that we may better serve you in the future.

picture.php

Your participation is appreciated. Thank you.

Ok so now your falsifying quotes and calling me butthurt. wow You guys are the ones seeming butthurt that I would try to do this. You know what your all right I've never done anything this extensive before but engine wise I know that I can. Chassis will be a learn as I go experience. Everyone had a first time doing everything they have ever done. Does that mean they will inevitably fail? no. I know that I am capable of learning and succeeding in anything I try because I have never failed.

So whats everybody's big problem with me spending my money to extremely modify my car in the way I want? that is what I don't get. It's not your stuff. Yet you guys are the ones seeming butt hurt over this. It's like you got tired of 4chan and came here to troll instead. Some of you have been aggressively helpful but those special little guys that haven't, yeah your just the sweetest little bolt dolts aren't yah.

Why is every single post from OP a novel?

Also, if you can convert a FWD chassis to RWD, you should be able to select a properly sized supercharger and make it fit no matter what.

Also, if you can convert a FWD chassis to RWD, you should be able to select a properly sized supercharger and make it fit no matter what.

Inorite... OP doesn't even weld and he's talking about taking on a project that Chip Foose wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.

OP: YOU'RE being given great advice: what you want to do is nigh on impossible, beyond that with your lack of skills. Thousands of hours of fab and other dickery into a $600 shell to end up with a cobbled mess.

Find one of the RWD platforms mentioned above to start, and take some steps you can handle. You could have a fun fast driver for 1/100 of all the foolishness you are spouting.

Inorite... OP doesn't even weld and he's talking about taking on a project that Chip Foose wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.

OP: YOU'RE being given great advice: what you want to do is nigh on impossible, beyond that with your lack of skills. Thousands of hours of fab and other dickery into a $600 shell to end up with a cobbled mess.

Find one of the RWD platforms mentioned above to start, and take some steps you can handle. You could have a fun fast driver for 1/100 of all the foolishness you are spouting.

Wise words but that's not what the OP wants to hear... ;-)

Dude, your life would be much easier if you started with a rwd 940/960/S90 then tinker away with making whatever kind of power you want with the 5 or 6 cyl engine. Volvo made some pretty decent rwd cars. However along with everyone else I don't think your original plan will happen once you start chopping out body panels and welding ish back in just crooked enough that it'll never look right then it's off to the crusher.

who knows maybe I will. Honestly the car has been driven on low to no oil for who knows how long by the previous owner before I bought it and rebuilt the turbo. I'm surprised it didn't die already. It is in need of a rebuild because i'm sure the bearings and rings are nearly shot. If I keep it and rebuild it then I'd want to power up in the process.

If I just tried to sell it as is. It's expensive to have work done and very few that would buy a cheap older car will have the skills to repair whatever breaks especially on a Volvo. No one I've ever spoken to in person even the gear heads around here even know that it's 5cyl with no head gasket. So it would end up bought by a junk yard parted out and crushed anyways.

I figure I already have this why spend extra cash on another to modify. If nothing else do the engine work if the chassis proves too much to deal with then find a RWD that someone already yanked the engine from and drop it in that.

Back