• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

puddle in passangers floor well

Flexter

after car wash. i get puddle on my passangers fotwell matt. on my 240. 1988. i was looking for the way to clean crown vents but couldnt find it. Any body got tricks cleaning crowl drain? or precise way of finding leak?

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=316132&highlight=drain+Water+Cowl

Cowl area allows in debris (leaves, needles, etc.) plugs drains then water backs up into the cabin areas. Also, some windshield seals become damaged or not secure in the corners and allow water to penetrate the area around the windshield. Rubber wipers on windows become brittle and if door does not have clear drains the water will go somewhere.
There is also wiper motor seals that become compromised.

Redwood chair said it somewhere that the water always wins - we just try and slow it down some.

Last edited:
I thought so too. I filles around the ****er with acryl sealant. Maybe it still **** gonna remove motor and try redoing seal properly

I thought so too. I filles around the ****er with acryl sealant. Maybe it still **** gonna remove motor and try redoing seal properly

There is a great thread on the board about using some aftermarket rubber seals to seal the wiper motor.

Small chance there is a hole/rust on the underside of your car and the powerful jets of water hit it just right. I know I have a mostly rust free 91' 744 and even that car has a small hole on the floor.

Cant be rust hole on floor cause i get puddle over rubber matts

Got ya. Remove the cowl and take a look. See if there is crap bunched up in there. Leaves etc. Clean it out.

I took the cowl off my 740 to repair that little bit of metal mesh that helps keep larger things out of that area. I don't have any leaks but I did notice on the passenger side, there is a long plastic cover that is supposed to me decently flush with the cowl and that was sloping downward on one side. The adhesive, over time, had given up. So anything like that which would direct water towards your car should be addressed. Good luck!

Back