• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 TDI project

sdturbo

300+ Member
300+ Club
Eco Bricks Club
So I finally am deep into my project. Its a VW 1.9TDI mated to a Toyota w58 trans. The motor fits so nice it there, plenty of room for IC and turbo fun.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Here are some more pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/yoshifab/VolvoTDI

Oh it has a VNT20 and Race520 injectors waiting in the background. Should make some good power.

Dream swap = Mercedes Benz 2.7L 5-cylinder TDi into a 164.

No, I don't know why either. But it would be several degrees of awesomeness even beyond the project in this thread.

tim

Parts cost would suck, but the new CDI benzes are very cool. Then again, there are getting to be a heck of a lot of CDI vans here and overseas and have been for a while, so the 5 shouldn't be too bad and its big brother the ~200hp 370ft-lb six found on the E300/320TD shares a lot with it.
Nifty swap. Kev Hawkinson also has something nice and evil of audi flavor in the works for a 90+ 245.

I know pretty much nothing about that engine. So I won't judge. But care to explain why? You have a 2.3L and you want to replace it with a 1.9L.

I know pretty much nothing about that engine. So I won't judge. But care to explain why? You have a 2.3L and you want to replace it with a 1.9L.
You know nothing about the engine. Things it has over the belovid 2.3 would be; ability to run on a varity of renewable fuels, mpg thats just not possable on a gas engine, significantly less weight, engine sits behind the front axle moving the polar moment back, torque, and most of all its just differnt different. My previous car was a 500whp 2.4l DSM. I dont need another fast car. I want to play with something different.

very nice swap... a 240 is a great usable car, the diesel makes it even better!

the bolt pattern isn't the same as the older 6 cylinder diesel?

I'd like a D5 engine in a 240. chipped 226 hp and 350 ft/lbs... pretty sick. but you are going for even more hp :-D

Back