home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #76
ZVOLV
<Master Tech>

oh no....here it comes....(puts on fire hat!)
Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #77
CAPT_BLOTTO
#Crush It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZVOLV View Post
Advanced minds use advanced tools. Simple minds use simple words.

I am not going to let a few bad apples discourage me. The ignore list works just fine!

I will continue to help members as much as I can and try to keep the attitude to a minimum.
Do you know that I work at the factory on new trucks that are much more advanced than any redblock or megasquirted redblock and we NEVER use a scope for anything. Whether it's doing diag on the canbus systems, checking position sensors, anything. And we're the engineers that build brand new vehicles.

Junkyard Parts request thread!
Mesquite FB page! Constant updates!

Da Yellow Sold | $800 245 | 77 244
Old 09-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #78
ZVOLV
<Master Tech>

That is fantastic!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #79
turbotankshane
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZVOLV View Post
oh no....here it comes....(puts on fire hat!)

It's not exactly flaming when you've been giving bad advice out the entire time. Take off the fire hat, and take off the dunce cap while you're at it. You've been tooting your own horn REALLY ****ING LOUDLY the entire thread, and not helping, but that's pretty much what you do... You were doing better when you just used to tell everyone to polish their multimeter skills until they were as good as you.

You should have just dropped out of this one after your first post and you were subsequently informed that a scope wasn't necessary to see what's going on here. If you are admittedly "no dyno tooner" and there are several present who ARE, back the truck up, instead of going so far to defend your methods and your "advanced mind" and your daily wrenching. If you're striving to be professional, ****ing sweet man, more power to you but your posts definitely don't reflect it and haven't for some time.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #80
ZVOLV
<Master Tech>

I am aware of my shortcomings and my achievements. I am PROUD of the fact that today I get to go enjoy the pocket full of cash that I have earned through hard work and skills I have learned from places such as tbricks. Sorry if my rhetoric came of as pompous, arrogant, or simply just rubbed somebody the wrong way.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #81
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

well hose me. I went outside to mow the lawn and discovered that I had a flat tire. Instead of reaching for the airchuck right off the bat I thought I would diagnose it a little further. Busted out my trusty ol scope (no multimeters here), had a little challenge figuring out where I needed to place the probes, so I settled on the tread and the rim. Proceeded to observe the output while I added air to the tire.

So, I got this notice on the screen that said "no signal". Does that mean I need to install some kind of TPMS so the scope can tell me where the leak is? or should I have attached the other probe to the tread as well, just on the other side of the tire?

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
Old 09-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #82
jpbturbo
Mens Classic Fit Polo

I think you should have poked the test leads into the tire that still had air in it to get a baseline reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon
My kia is best kia appliance so cheap.. Oh ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac
Ur A LIAR u dident maek 28 psi BOOURNZ!
Old 09-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #83
Hotdoggin
Board Member

Should have waved your wheel and tire cert at it, would have inflated itself without fixing the leak.

So I guess a pocket full of cash trumps giving good advice, or even being the least bit humble regarding skills that most highschoolers used to get as part of a standard curriculum.
1984 244DL - Crushed
1984 245DL - Sitting in someone's yard
1991 740SE - girlfriend's car
2008 S60 2.5T - Money drainer
Old 09-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #84
245gti
Adapting Stuff

And closed...at the request of the OP...