• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 vs 850 rear calipers

ICantDrift

Are 740 and 850 (P80) calipers interchangeable? I mistakenly bought dual caliper brackets for my 240 from RetroTurbo and they're incredibly poorly designed. The 240 brake fluid ports exit right underneath the brackets (see pictures) and a -3an fitting BARELY sneaks underneath, making it impossible to get an actual line on. 740 calipers have the brake fluid port on the side, not straight out, so they would work in place of the 240 calipers. I have a set of P80 calipers and they look pretty similar to 740 rears but I'm not exactly sure. It'd be nice to not have to buy another set of calipers if I don't have to.

TL;DR: Are 740 and P80 rear calipers the same? Also, don't buy sh!t from RetroTurbo.

7c49468e-e049-4ac6-a90f-3252d9b7e0e8.jpg

89392b8f-ecea-413b-a56f-630269f8cc37.jpg

If they don't match up, depending where you're located if the shipping is worth it I could machine you some room on those brackets to make them work to save you some calipers. I work at a machine shop and do car related projects on the weekends

The bolt spacing for the 240 and 740 calipers are the same. However 850 calipers have a wider bolt spacing so not a direct fit

If they don't match up, depending where you're located if the shipping is worth it I could machine you some room on those brackets to make them work to save you some calipers. I work at a machine shop and do car related projects on the weekends

I'm in upstate NY and I see you're in Long Island but I don't think it would be worth the shipping. I would be able to notch them myself but don't want to have to do that :/

Were these the TXR plates?

It doesn't say so in the text, but all the pictures include the word "Turbo" in the link.
Maybe designed for 240 Turbo-only calipers? Which calipers are you trying to use?

Front view:
Volvo-245-240-242-Turbo-double-brake-adapter-plates-second-brake-caliper-adapter-plates.jpg

Side view:
Volvo-242-245-240-Turbo-double-brake-adapter-plates-second-brake-caliper-adapter-plates-450x335.jpg

Rear view:
Volvo-240-245-242-Turbo-double-brake-adapter-plates-second-brake-caliper-adapter-plates.jpg

Back