https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Hope you can see the pictures!

Let me know if its not possible
egfuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
cosbySweater
Board Member

Nice work man! Beautiful car as well!
1982 Ford Fairmont Futura, 4.8/th400, 8.8, mircrosquirt, 7665 turbo, Project Cheap Thrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
Jerd
Board Member

good stuff dude!
Jerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:42 PM   #4
midnightsaint
Board Member

I would be worried about the spiking. If you notice the hp and tq spike at the same time. This could be caused by detonation. I wished the sheet showed a/f ratio.

Still good numbers.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
egfuentes
Board Member

We didnt have detonantion during the test, we ve seen this happens in others cars we tested with megasquirt, MS is a great USD 400 engine managment, but has a threshold, AFR was about 11.2 - 11.9 through all the entire curve and when pressure is above 15 psi, water injection was active, only water no meth and for protection, not trying to give more timing.

These results are all with pump gas from Shell.

Thanks to Volvo for the 530 8 v head and all of you for being such a great database of knowleged and share it.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
midnightsaint
Board Member

That explains it. Great job.
midnightsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
egfuentes
Board Member

Next step, plenum and megasquirt spark upgrade! trying to get to 350 whp
Old 04-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #8
Sir Psycho
holstrich 2.0

Can you explain the brass 90* fitting on the back of the head? A high pressure oil feed I assume?

1995 940 Turbo:
531 head, Holset HE351 @ 20 psi, Emusa External Wastegate w/screamer, Mild Steel Header, 4" Downpipe, Ostrich Emulator, IPD Turbo Cam, TTR Cam Gear, Big Piping and Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, V8 T5 soon, Synapse Synchronic BOV, AEM Wideband, 18" Pegasus, B&G Springs, Billy HD's, Chassis Bracing, Sumimoto HTR ZIII 225/40/18
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
egfuentes
Board Member

Your assumption is correct, thats the oil feed, the ford block oil line isnt in the same place. The easiest way to do it i found is that way.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
Karl Buchka
Never go full retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egfuentes View Post
MS is a great USD 400 engine managment, but has a threshold
I'm sorry, what?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
egfuentes
Board Member

English is not my first language... do you mean MS isnt the problem and its a great EMS or my sentence cant be understand.

Excuseme if i cant get it.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Mueller
Board Member

Quote:
English is not my first language... do you mean MS isnt the problem and its a great EMS or my sentence cant be understand.

Excuseme if i cant get it.
He meant nothing wrong with MS, you guys have some other issues, there are vehicles out there with impressive numbers and smooth dyno graphs.

Still a good amount of power and must be a blast to drive!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
egfuentes
Board Member

Mueller, thank you.

I know there are cars out there with impressive numbers, but the same setup with electromotive, no problem at all.

Others similar cars to mine, have the same problem, when they certain volumetric efficiency, they run out of spark!! The vb921 drivers are meant to be used in stock cars, next step is BIP373 drivers, plenum and those 3 psi of boost i couldnt applied.

I ll be uploading pictures of my plenum design pretty soon.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #14
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

Ok your english may be bad, let me spell it out for you in non-sarcastic straight terms:

You're doing something wrong if the MS is causing the spikes in the dyno graph. Period. This is not up for debate.

<- MS with wheel spin on the dyno

<- ProEFI

<- ProEFI again

<- MS

<- MS untuned vs tuned (green is untuned)

<- MS

Also, turning the smoothing all the way down to get all the spikes and droops and wiggles in the suspension gives you artificially high numbers.

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #15
Daviticus
Board Member

Any management is only as good as its' tuner.

Nice numbers, and welcome to the 300+ club.
Go read performance subforum for like a month.
Daviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #16
midnightsaint
Board Member

I wonder what the smoothing number was set on. All the Dyno sheet wasn't in the picture.
midnightsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #17
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

if it's turned up, something bad is wrong. Odds are smoothing is turned off, people like to see higher peak numbers even if they're just a quick spike above the mean. Still good power for the setup, no bones about that.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Captain Bondo
Exklusiv Zubehör Klub

Quote:
Mueller, thank you.

I know there are cars out there with impressive numbers, but the same setup with electromotive, no problem at all.

Others similar cars to mine, have the same problem, when they certain volumetric efficiency, they run out of spark!! The vb921 drivers are meant to be used in stock cars, next step is BIP373 drivers, plenum and those 3 psi of boost i couldnt applied.

I ll be uploading pictures of my plenum design pretty soon.
I agree with you. I never had much success with home-built ignition drivers, particularly built straight into the MS case.

People are saying MS is not the limitation but it's a misleading thing to say. MS is not the limitation provided you fiddle-**** with a bunch of various caps and resistors and exchange ignition components until all of the various planets align and you get just the right combination of parts. It does have limitations and those limitations are inherent. Yes there are workarounds for the limitations.

My setup never ran right with internal ignition drivers. It ran just OK when I used external OEM style Bosch Ignition Drivers from a 960. When I put the VEMS in I never had a single ignition related issue.

-Kenny
(I crushed a 240 with some stuff done to it. Honest.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Turbobricks isn't a car forum any more. Its a forum for lame kids.
Captain Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #19
Lord_Athlon
Sf1k Kryptonite

Location: If there were a bright center of the universe, im in the town that is furthest from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bondo View Post
I agree with you. I never had much success with home-built ignition drivers, particularly built straight into the MS case.

People are saying MS is not the limitation but it's a misleading thing to say. MS is not the limitation provided you fiddle-**** with a bunch of various caps and resistors and exchange ignition components until all of the various planets align and you get just the right combination of parts. It does have limitations and those limitations are inherent. Yes there are workarounds for the limitations.

My setup never ran right with internal ignition drivers. It ran just OK when I used external OEM style Bosch Ignition Drivers from a 960. When I put the VEMS in I never had a single ignition related issue.
Ive seen plenty of bandaid fixes on the haltech, vems and aem forums as well.

I had a haltech installation that wouldnt run properly because one relay was feeding emf into the other one and it was causing hiccups in the tach signal. I had to move them 2 inches apart. I found this out by accident when I jumpered the fuel pump relay to test fuel pressure, forgot and started the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZVOLV View Post
I used paper books to learn how to do this stuff back in the day. Now I use pro software subscription
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolvor
3/4", make everything as heavy as possible for no reason. It's also 4:1 compression ratio because that's how cosworth did it in 1978.
Lord_Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #20
nathaninwa
The Beloved Oarnge Juice

Logic level output mod and dsm igniter/ coil setup.

SHEETMETAL INTAKEhttp://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...etmetal+intake

THIS IS FORSALE V
nathaninwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
Captain Bondo
Exklusiv Zubehör Klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon View Post
Ive seen plenty of bandaid fixes on the haltech, vems and aem forums as well.

I had a haltech installation that wouldnt run properly because one relay was feeding emf into the other one and it was causing hiccups in the tach signal. I had to move them 2 inches apart. I found this out by accident when I jumpered the fuel pump relay to test fuel pressure, forgot and started the car.
Of course. My post did not mean to state or imply that MS is the only system with quirks aka "limitations", and no other EMS's have any quirks that require workarounds. Obviously the opposite is more likely to be true.

The point is that, speaking generally, when object "X" has limitation "Y", you apply bandaid "Z". If you want to have some philosophical argument that, if a limitation has a workaround, it is not actually a limitation, that's fine, it's just semantics. But, within the context of the thread though, I tend to think this is the sort of limitation the OP is talking about.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

so, a setup issue then eh? I'm not exactly sure that qualifies as a limitation. You have a fairly flexible generic-ly implementable system that as a result of that requires the end-user be willing and able to tweak things as needed for a given configuration. Electromotive (since it was referenced specifically here) doesn't have this "limitation" because it places other "limitations" on the end user, i.e. you *must* use X coils, etc. Other systems require a specific triggering setup in order to work.

Someone not knowing what they're doing is not a limitation of that thing. A number of aftermarket systems escape this "egregious ignition problem" by only running logic level outputs. As far as using onboard ignition modules, the BIP's worked fine on the 90' all the way up to 578 whp. Use known good dwell numbers and good coils, don't blame the box because you're struggling with it.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #23
Captain Bondo
Exklusiv Zubehör Klub

All I know is, I had similar issues to this dude, and I'm not the only one. I tried a few different configurations, some were better. Eventually I probably could have gotten it "right". I think MS can work perfectly with almost any setup given enough iterations of tests.

When i got the VEMS (which is by no means a polished or commercial system in its own right) I plugged the ****ing coils in and the car worked. I adjusted the dwell once. That was it. No wierd VR ****, no misfires, no nothing, and that was 24psi, 7600rpm, 540whp, pump gas, so it had legit ignition requirements.

I didn't "know what I was doing" more with the vems. Maybe I just got lucky. All I know is I'm not the only one with a similar tale, so it's hard to fault a guy for at least *perceiving* MS as having some limitations. Expecting him to spend days or weeks or months of his life to learn how to make his MS work right, just because you did (and kudos for doing so), isn't always realistic. Some people just don't want to tinker with that stuff. So yeah, "not knowing" is a reflection of a "limitation" in my mind. Just my personal expererience. I'm not slagging MS and one of the new Pro units would be top of the list if I were to start a project tomorrow. I'm just saying I can see where he's coming from.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #24
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bondo View Post
Some people just don't want to tinker with that stuff. So yeah, "not knowing" is a reflection of a "limitation" in my mind. Just my personal expererience. I'm not slagging MS and one of the new Pro units would be top of the list if I were to start a project tomorrow. I'm just saying I can see where he's coming from.
Might as well call motec then and have them build a harness and fully tune the car.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #25
egfuentes
Board Member

Megasquirt = Windows

Electromotive = Apple

Its just like that, and im a Megasquirt user and tuner since 2008, i have already made more than 40.000 miles to my car and i m more than happy with it.

But dont forget MS was thougth as a replacement for stock burnt old ecus, no high perfomarce 140hp by litre cars.

If you read the vb921 datasheet it says you need at least 4 volts so the driver can work properly, then take a look at the MS circuit and the resistance and you will notice, its getting 2 to 3 volts when you get to a high rpm range.