• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kap QSRC alignment issues

Uncleknucklez

bruspeed
Just finished installing my Quick Steer Roll Correctors this morning on my manual rack 240, they installed great, went with the middle hole for the tie rod.

Issue is after I set the car on the ground, it was obvious I was toed out a ton, started threading in to toe the car in, and after a minute I bottomed out the threads on the tie rods, and the car is still toed out an inch.

Did I do something wrong here? Is there different length tie rods? I’m at a loss.

Another issue is with 15” wheels and a normal offset, you can’t move the tie rods to the outside holes due to interference issues.

Last edited:
Nope, you didn't do anything wrong. With certain tie rod combos you might have to chop the inner tie rods down to get the thing alignable.

I'm betting that Ben's CAD model will give you a good estimate on how much to shorten those inner tie rod ends. Ideally such detail would be included with the goods.

You can simulate by putting tie rod end back in the front (stock) hole, then swing your inner rod threaded end toward the relocated end in the middle hole. Measure twice, cut once.

I'm betting that Ben's CAD model will give you a good estimate on how much to shorten those inner tie rod ends. Ideally such detail would be included with the goods.

You can simulate by putting tie rod end back in the front (stock) hole, then swing your inner rod threaded end toward the relocated end in the middle hole. Measure twice, cut once.

TBH, I've never had a tie rod off of the car before, its a cut out of the middle and weld back together type of deal? I don't really have an issue with that, but I want to know what I am getting myself into.

Shouldn't need to chop in the middle, unless you've run out of threads on the tie rod. I chopped the end of the tie rod down because it was bottoming out inside the ball joint.

I never understood why people would ask on here instead of just asking the guy who designed and made and sold the parts?

I never understood why people would ask on here instead of just asking the guy who designed and made and sold the parts?

I did end up getting in touch with Ben, but part of the point of an internet forum is for people to get together and discuss like experiences, so I was also hoping to have a discussion about it. :e-shrug:

Like i said before, just trim the end of the tie rod.

You should be able to do it without removing it from the racking with a grinding wheel. Just make sure you cover anything that could be damaged from the sparks.

Hacksaw will also work fine.

Like i said before, just trim the end of the tie rod.

You should be able to do it without removing it from the racking with a grinding wheel. Just make sure you cover anything that could be damaged from the sparks.

Hacksaw will also work fine.

For the record, I did chop them, everything went together after that. So far I am happy with them, a small bump in effort, but a huge return in steering speed on the middle setting with my manual rack.

For the record, I did chop them, everything went together after that. So far I am happy with them, a small bump in effort, but a huge return in steering speed on the middle setting with my manual rack.

you might want to update the 5 different places you posted this. People probably think there is a problem.

Back