• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW71 accumulator mod - 2nd piston has no top. Can the mod be done?

89_740Turbo

While my buddy and I were pulling apart the AW71 for the accumulator mod, we noticed the second piston doesn't have a sealed top like all the others we've seen in tutorials.

5EsQHpH.jpg

The piston is out but as you can see, number 1 and 3 are sealed. 2 had a valve with a hole in the top. Is this going to cause an issue

you're going to have to get better pictures. there's no valve in there. some years have a helper spring on the bottom.

Doesn't really matter what the face of the piston looks like, 2 of 3 should have helper springs on the valve body side, like in the second pic, one does not. You still need to pull all 3 pistons out, put bolts inside the springs inside, put the pistons back in, and reassemble.

Doesn't really matter what the face of the piston looks like, 2 of 3 should have helper springs on the valve body side, like in the second pic, one does not. You still need to pull all 3 pistons out, put bolts inside the springs inside, put the pistons back in, and reassemble.

This is what I was hoping to hear. Okay. I was afraid that 2 having the hole in the top would cause a problem versus 1 and 3 being completely sealed. Thank you for the confirmation

Back