• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

950 bin should work natively with an 016 maf yeah? could be that the 967 fuel map is scaled a bit differently, or something else. what all do you have going on?

950 bin is for the 012 amm as far as I'm aware, so I cut and paste the liniarity table and switch points from a map for the 016 amm then past is the fuel map for B230FT. It drives fine when cruising and light load but as soon as I tip in a bit harder it goes straight to 10:1. I have run the fuel map on another software level and the fueling is pretty good. Seems only to affect the 950 bin for some reason. Was just curious as to what else needs to be altered to make it work like the other bins?

Cheers

Paul

did you update the constants to match as well? why not use a 954(should be turbo 016) rom? or something along those lines. Just doing it for the sake of doing it?

950 is very different than other bins. You should only change the AMM map and then try to fine tune it's own fuel map to suit your needs. Some bins have different "zero" point in the fuel maps. Most often the zero is at 128, so you have range of +127 to -128, but it could be lower or higher. So just pasting different fuel map could not work as expected in some cases.

did you update the constants to match as well? why not use a 954(should be turbo 016) rom? or something along those lines. Just doing it for the sake of doing it?

Yeh I changed constant 1 to 150 and 4+5 to 2443 so they match the fuel map. I just want to know whats different that's all as other people seem to have got it to work.

I told you to bring your laptop. Read the thread and go to town. Basically, get an XDF and BIN off of the wiki site that match your ECU, or post up what ECU you have on here so someone can tell you what other bin you can run in that ECU, if there's a better one to easily run. Then, tweak. At least download a BIN and XDF for what you have, then open them up in TunerPro and see what you have to play around with. You gotta be smart to do this, can't have your hand held all the time.

Please tell me you'll consider the CAN and LIN enabled processor upgrade and maybe a bigger eeprom :-D

TO JAM PACK FEATURES IN THERE YO!

Last edited:
So who's in Portland right now? Picked up the Ostrich but have no one to teach me how to use it.

it's pretty straight forward if you read beepee's guide there at the beginning of the thread/wiki page. I've found it best to turn off o2 feedback while tuning and then probably leaving it turned off after the fact. with address tracing you just follow the block on the map.

it's pretty straight forward if you read beepee's guide there at the beginning of the thread/wiki page. I've found it best to turn off o2 feedback while tuning and then probably leaving it turned off after the fact. with address tracing you just follow the block on the map.

Yep. That's how I went about it. I had the impression that there needed to be much fiddling with tables other than the main fuel map and constants.

Still haven't figured out how to log address tracing so I can have some semblance of datalogging ability. Would much rather fiddle with settings while sitting than driving...straight into a parked car (or pole, or person, or pet, etc).

I told you to bring your laptop. Read the thread and go to town. Basically, get an XDF and BIN off of the wiki site that match your ECU, or post up what ECU you have on here so someone can tell you what other bin you can run in that ECU, if there's a better one to easily run. Then, tweak. At least download a BIN and XDF for what you have, then open them up in TunerPro and see what you have to play around with. You gotta be smart to do this, can't have your hand held all the time.

The process isn't terribly hard and I read the guide 2-3 times over, so I have an idea of what to do. I just wanted to have someone to give me a hand, as looking up a 1/4"x1/2" box in my screen is certainly a less than intelligent thing to do while operating the car.

Anyways, I figured out the basics enough to have it running solidly with lambda feedback turned off. It definitely runs much more predictably that way.

Here's one for you:

I've been bothered by the decel function a while, my best guess is it seems it needs a given vacuum before letting the decel mode kick in? This is annoying as hell, since it becomes very troublesome to drive, and it takes forever to settle in idle. My boost gauge reads around 0.5 bar vacuum at idle, which is set at ~1000rpm.

I have tried swapping the "tps", and I have made sure it is adjusted correctly.

I'm running a 967 bin with 500cc/min injectors and 012 maf. My cam is an Enem V16T, 268* adv, 112 lca, 12.2 lift (minus the valve lash)
Rest of engine is ~9.0:1 B230, 531 head w/ stock ports, good turbo header and a GT3071R.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustable threshold anywhere in the bin that allows me to try to compensate for poor vacuum?

BTW, I tried a friends car today, B230FT w/ kkk turbo from S60R, -968 fuel injectors and -012 maf, rest of engine is stock, and I was instant jealous of his functioning decel mode. His bin is a std. -962 bin from an FT with only the fuel cut removed. (don't ask me why it works without altering the maf values, but it just works.)

Here's one for you:

I've been bothered by the decel function a while, my best guess is it seems it needs a given vacuum before letting the decel mode kick in? This is annoying as hell, since it becomes very troublesome to drive, and it takes forever to settle in idle. My boost gauge reads around 0.5 bar vacuum at idle, which is set at ~1000rpm.

I'm running a 967 bin with 500cc/min injectors and 012 maf. My cam is an Enem V16T, 268* adv, 112 lca, 12.2 lift (minus the valve lash)
Rest of engine is ~9.0:1 B230, 531 head w/ stock ports, good turbo header and a GT3071R.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustable threshold anywhere in the bin that allows me to try to compensate for poor vacuum?

BTW, I tried a friends car today, B230FT w/ kkk turbo from S60R, -968 fuel injectors and -012 maf, rest of engine is stock, and I was instant jealous of his functioning decel mode. His bin is a std. -962 bin from an FT with only the fuel cut removed. (don't ask me why it works without altering the maf values, but it just works.)

I think the idle control valve plays a big part in this as it seems to be used on light throttle to. I had a really annoying stumble on light throttle that was starting to piss me off. I disconected my idle control valve and it has gone away. Maybe this is something you should look at?

Can anyone explain to me why there would be detonation at 11:5:1 on transition on a hot day after heat soaking in traffic, but not at 12.5:1 under the same conditions?

Can anyone explain to me why there would be detonation at 11:5:1 on transition on a hot day after heat soaking in traffic, but not at 12.5:1 under the same conditions?

Hi
This is because charge temperature have much more influence on detonation than AFR.
Heat soaking in traffic effectively renders your intercooler useless until air start flowing through it again.

YS
Jaybee

Here's one for you:

Hi
The LH does not have any real idea about vacuum.
That is why it has the throttle switch to know if it is idling or not.
What it does seem to have are several tables to govern this and other stuff with (idle motor response etc).

Most of these tables are stacked at the end of the bin where all are 7x1 size

I have tried some of them but still need help to get the whole picture.

YS
Jaybee

Thanks for your response.

I wish there was someplace I could adjust the rpm the decel mode kicks in at, because my car is normally not going into decel before I abruptly let go of the throttle at rpms over 2000rpm, but sometimes it kicks in by it self when it has been at 17-1800rpm for some time with the throttle shut going downhill.

My friends car just slammed into decel the very instant I let off the throttle going downhill in first gear (low speed). Mine just won't until I'm nearly at the bottom of the hill, when it has reached a higher rpm.. Arrgh..

I'm using your -967 xdf v.25 btw, any pointers to where you need me to look?

I know the decel mode needs the rear speed sensor and the TPS sensor(throttle closed all the way) to work properly. Seems 3000 rpms is where it works below that I think. Basically it just turns the injectors off.

Back