• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Atom's Amazon Wagon Project Update Thread

Been following BJORNAGN and Atom's progress in each thread -- inspiring stuff! The 1800ES thread is here -- https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/f...-project-cars/volvo-p1800eskinda/72311/page1/ but the Photobucket SNAFU has undone some pics.

If you want to see the build with pictures, try this link to retro-rides. The webmasters must be a genius in that he has come up with a work-aroound for the photobucket thing. Need to wait a few seconds and/or do a page refresh, but it seems to bring up the images.

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/179752/1973-volvo-p1800es-chassis-conversion?page=4

Randomly came across a new Adam thread. Does not fail to deliver. Looking forward to seeing the progression of this project.

Anyone who is interested, next week (July 24-28) I took the entire week off of work to do the body swap on HQ. Anyone is welcome to come by the house, watch, help, chat, set up a chair, whatever. I don't need help, but don't mind company. Message me if you're interested.

Love to drop by and help out, but not even sure where you are!

We will expect a lot of pictures of progress.

I have done two "vacation" efforts on the Molvo and they are great for building some momentum that keeps you motivated.

Love to drop by and help out, but not even sure where you are!

We will expect a lot of pictures of progress.

I have done two "vacation" efforts on the Molvo and they are great for building some momentum that keeps you motivated.

Seattle.

Yeah, a vacation push was how I did the two door conversion the first time around.

Atom- what did you do with the 122 pan? I've been searching for years for the rear seat backrest lower pivot points. They're little triangle pieces mounted to the rear wheel well with 3bolts.

Atom- what did you do with the 122 pan? I've been searching for years for the rear seat backrest lower pivot points. They're little triangle pieces mounted to the rear wheel well with 3bolts.

I have it on my back yard. The car didn't have a rear seat in it when I got it and it was stripped out pretty heavily, but I'll look to see if those are there.

These?

zdhM9mY.jpg

GpMEhOk.jpg

I'm assuming those are them, so I pulled them off, cleaned them up, threw on some fresh powdercoat and if you message me your mailing address I'll get my shipping department (the wife) to toss them in the mail to you.

lhXUhjO.jpg

I'm assuming those are them, so I pulled them off, cleaned them up, threw on some fresh powdercoat and if you message me your mailing address I'll get my shipping department (the wife) to toss them in the mail to you.

That's service with a smile right there.

Please feel free to mail any pieces you want to "live on" in the community to the address provided. Especially any 16v engines with shiny copper bits ;-)

On that note, what's your beer situation look like?

Unfortunately in an attempt to eliminate the built in tool shed I don't drink much beer these days.

Day one of the week off in the books.

Tomorrow should be a little better. I don't need to run around picking stuff up. It's going to be just fabrication stuff. Plus drilling out a bunch of spot welds. Today I got the gantry set up, the body lift rigging fairly level, the fuel overflow tank relocated and one half of the Amazon inner rocker drilled out. I made the kids clean the inside of the E30 out (it's like pulling teeth to get them to help). Tomorrow I'll drill out the other rocker first, then just straight to lifting the body and test fitting.

Boring as sh!t to watch, but feel free to pop in once in a while.

https://youtu.be/RVA1764rHWI

I'll try and get a better position on the camera tomorrow.

Edit: was today's live stream. I thought it said it would DVR it, but doesn't seem available.

Back