• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Header/manifold

LOL. I have a large tote/bin full of stainless parts. I can send some your way if you want.

Log manifolds are seemingly working well on everyone's turbo LS. I wonder if a Cummins isb style center dump log would be "cheap" and work well enough. Kinda like what the project binky guys did.

Yeah, the furicks are hogs, but so nice for this sort of stuff. I have no amp control, so it?s rock solid 100amps, and if you don?t watch your travel speed, you get into trouble quick. Plus this is my first real stainless project, and scrap is not something I want a lot of. So there?s some pie cuts to get around things and some awkward joints.

Can you drop the amps down to like 80, and possible weave it? I did a bunch of thin walled 321 exhausts and I just did fusion welds with no filler. Fit-up has to be ace, but the final product is amazing.

That will really help with the sugaring on the inside.

Log manifolds are seemingly working well on everyone's turbo LS. I wonder if a Cummins isb style center dump log would be "cheap" and work well enough. Kinda like what the project binky guys did.

I think functionally a log-style manifold would be fine in cases where you can't use a 90+ and aren't attempting to extract absolute max hp.

My experience with headers and stock manifold is pretty limited, and from B4204 with GT3072.
With stock turbo manifold it made 350Nm around 3000 rpm. We installed tube header from Opel, (you just need to drill a couple holes) and it didn't improve anything. Torque comes at 4000 rpm and header is so fragile. 10 pulls and it is cracked.

Thanks for the input. Looks like there is no gain in header or aftermarket manifold.

I bought the eBay special too, but now it's looking like I'll only use the one piece manifold-head gasket out of my $89 purchase. I just want the car to be semi reliable, don't need to be dismounting a cracked header to repair all the time.

Back