• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project blue is better

What color for my Titan wheels?

• Flat black

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • White

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes, one thing_- the coolant temperature gauge. That is designed, that it does not really go any higher than middle of the scale and does not give an accurate reading above 85 degrees. I came up with a solution to that, -- that a resistor with 180 ohm parallel to the sender will fool it so that it shows accurate. I combined that with thermo switch which I stuck to the cylinder head, turning on the resistor whenever the head gets hotter than 88 degree. this works great.
22388440wg.jpg

Hello Roy,

very nice project you've got here, i have been reading it like "mad" and tooked a lot of knowledge for my own project out of your experiences.

But now i have one question, why did you not allready install a water injection system, my believe is that with your set up and eventual assumed cooling problems and heat stress it good be THE final solution for the left problems.

Keep up the good work man...

Hello Roy,

very nice project you've got here, i have been reading it like "mad" and tooked a lot of knowledge for my own project out of your experiences.

But now i have one question, why did you not allready install a water injection system, my believe is that with your set up and eventual assumed cooling problems and heat stress it good be THE final solution for the left problems.

Keep up the good work man...

Thanks for your kind words! Is your project here? I'm always motivated to see other project ;-)

About the water injection system, I've thinking about it since a long time...but with my power goal I don't think it'll be necessary ;-) and I don't have any temp issue now :-)

I'll change my intercooler now and I'll see if it improve something...if not, maybe water injection...:lol:

Remarks

You will get a much cooler mixture and so a better "filling" and way better efficient burn, also it will prevent pinging. If i have the money it is the first thing i am gonna do, for sure.

I even think it works better then a bigger intercooler at your stage.

The other problem here is the technical inspection with a water injection...:lol::lol::lol:

About my intercooler, I don't go to a bigger one, but for a better one (I hope)!

yes, one thing_- the coolant temperature gauge. That is designed, that it does not really go any higher than middle of the scale and does not give an accurate reading above 85 degrees. I came up with a solution to that, -- that a resistor with 180 ohm parallel to the sender will fool it so that it shows accurate. I combined that with thermo switch which I stuck to the cylinder head, turning on the resistor whenever the head gets hotter than 88 degree. this works great.
22388440wg.jpg
Hans why the thermo switch for the resistor, why isn't it on all the time?
I would love a proper temp guage and your way looks like it doesn't require the dash instruments to be pulled ... or does it?

without the thermo switch the gauge does not go back to nil when the engine is cold. It stays at about 20 degrees. Now once the switch is on if the temp goes into the red, it's 100 degrees. No need to change anything on the actual clock.

WS

Wasted spark is in the car!!!! I'll try it a few km and post pics soon!

I've just updated my thread with a WS section and detailed pictures, so if you are interested.
I got the feeling more and more that your car is a sort of "twin" brick compared to mine, I have allmost done exactly the same mods as you did. I will update my thread every week so we can compare :lol:

I've just updated my thread with a WS section and detailed pictures, so if you are interested.
I got the feeling more and more that your car is a sort of "twin" brick compared to mine, I have allmost done exactly the same mods as you did. I will update my thread every week so we can compare :lol:

Yes, your car looks similar as mine ;-) But you've done some mods in a professional way :nod:

Back