• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Installing new boost gauge

moustacio

Hi,

I have a 1988 740 turbo wagon and I have a pressure gauge that I would like to install to see the actual numbers for boost pressure.

my question is how, and were, to hook up to?
can I just put a t-fitting on the existing boost gauge hose and run it from there or... I'm not to sure what to do. I tried the faq but fell short.

Any input/advise/etc. is very much appreciated,

Thank you

Hi,

I have a 1988 740 turbo wagon and I have a pressure gauge that I would like to install to see the actual numbers for boost pressure.

my question is how, and were, to hook up to?
can I just put a t-fitting on the existing boost gauge hose and run it from there or... I'm not to sure what to do. I tried the faq but fell short.

Any input/advise/etc. is very much appreciated,

Thank you

I removed my drivers side (next to the door) a/c vent and put the gauge there, great view without taking your eyes off the road and looks stock. I drilled a hole in the vent duct and t-ed the hose under the dash.

can I just put a t-fitting on the existing boost gauge hose and run it from there or...

Yes. Or you can just connect the vac hose running to the stock gauge to the calibrated one. No real need for the stock one at that point.

Thanks

Thank you both for replying. I appreciate the help, advice on positioning, and I look forward to seeing my actual boost pressure.

I did what Longhair did, a few years ago. Took the gauge surround from a 240 and modified it, fits perfectly in the vent hole.

100_0418.jpg

Back