• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Critique My Stereo

fortbrick

Decided to create a high quality system using components that my father had used over the years. Used a Clarion DRX9255 head unit, Zapco SP7-S 7 band equalizer, USD Audio 7" mid-bass door speakers mounted behind the door panels, USD Audio Waveguide horns under the dash, 1000w RMS 10" Intercooled JBL subwoofer mounted in the back seat's arm rest, 2 Kenwood 12" subs in the trunk which are conveniently wired for easy removal. 3 Zapco amps installed in a custom carpeted trunk amp wall. Jacobs Electronics AccuVolt FR1500w which it all passes through for constant power stream. It's all American made, too.

Fuse Panel

Mounted the AccuVolt

Fabricated amp wall

Finished amp wall

IMAG0316_zps7c67660a.jpg

Hidden JBL subwoofer

DSC_1225_zpsc1af1690.jpg

Horns fit

DSC_1214_zps1f874cf1.jpg

Updated look for head unit and EQ

null_zpsb752cbea.jpg

Let me know what you think about it, I like getting feedback on my installs.

Last edited:
Why does your fuse box have an ethernet cord?

That's probably a remote level control or something similar. My JL XD700/5 has a telephone wire plug for its remote control. Advantage is if you need to extend the cable you just use a telephone extension cord.

CAT5/5e/6 can be used for all sorts of things that aren't Ethernet.

1. it's for a pass-through controller switch which cuts stereo power. (valet control)

2. what it goes for :http://cgi.ebay.com/Jacobs-AccuVolt...4QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

what it does: it keeps a constant 12v going into the system, which gives better clarity and allows the gains to be turned down without sacrificing quality.

3. the subwoofer does have an intercooled feature, but does not have an intercooler... lol. it pushes warmer air from behind the sub out and pulls colder air in.

great stuff, as in the kenwoods, or the amps? the kenwoods are just entry level 12's in a sealed divided enclosure.

the components in the system added up are worth around 3k.

That's probably a remote level control or something similar. My JL XD700/5 has a telephone wire plug for its remote control. Advantage is if you need to extend the cable you just use a telephone extension cord.

CAT5/5e/6 can be used for all sorts of things that aren't Ethernet.

Yeah I've installed those. I've just never seen it on a fuse box.

haha, oh, that... i used a similar product if not that one to seal the back wall. i plan on creating a similar setup in my 81 z28.

I have a video of the car playing a song that most people won't care for, but it shows the quality. I can upload it if desired.

Sorry, I've heard horns in a car before, just wondering if the Volvo did them justice?

Surprised I don't see any AccuMatch units. I've got my 1200 sitting on the shelf but not a proper amp to run it with currently.

Haha, it was just an example. :) they're often played for my town to hear as I drive by. I looked for one of those but had no luck!

No 6 x9s in package tray for more sound?

How do the amps get ventilation for cooling them? Look pretty insulated to me..

Neat professional looking install IMHO though.

Believe me, if I had 6x9's... It would be too much sound. And well... Umm... They don't. But they don't get hotter than outside temp ever because I keep them turned down low. I run the amps at about 15% and the stereo volume never above 25%.

Back