• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD's Astro Shield Polish

Astro shield works, only problem is when you go to repaint the car. It makes more work, as you have to strip the silicone off then.

Ya, I heard that's what it does, and that's what IPD says it does. I don't think I will ever repaint my car, and if I do I guess I'll just have to work at it more.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll order some.. I wish I could get it at PepBoys, but they only have a similar product.. not the 'real thing'

Thanks

KBFinFan said:
Ya, I heard that's what it does, and that's what IPD says it does. I don't think I will ever repaint my car, and if I do I guess I'll just have to work at it more.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll order some.. I wish I could get it at PepBoys, but they only have a similar product.. not the 'real thing'

Thanks

try "NuFinish," it's cheap and does a pretty decent job of restoring shine :wink:

ow bad is the shine on your car? I was able to get a real good shine on my wagons hood by claybar, then polish. I use the Griots Garage stuff, and an orbital. Other options if you want great shine and no more surface scratches you could have a paint shop just wet sand the car then polish it up real good. Usually a dull paint job is from old oxidized paint on top. If all you do is put a silicon sealant on top, the old oxidized paint is sealed in and not helping. If you have enough paint left, then I would Highly recommend following the Griots Garage steps to getting shine out of the car. And my wagon, when I started out, looked like a person had used a green scouring pad to wash the car and then the car sat in SoCal sun for years. VERY oxidized and scratches all over. Of course, it took me a ton of work to get the hood to shine again, but I was doing it as an exercise and work on doing it faster.
www.griotsgarage.com

Cheers

Paul Jones

We use that stuff on all our cars worth waxing still :wink: The product wokrs well... and seems really easy to apply and does a good ass job for only one coat of wax.

Back