• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whats the best looking front end conversion??

UncleBOOST

Poll...
Whats the best looking Front end conversion for an 88 745Ti?
Parts list and Pics welcomed. Trying to formulate Ideas on which direction to take for obataining parts to do this. i.e. Fenders, hood, headlights and tubs, hood, grill, bumper and lower valence as well as the Rear Bumper.
I noticed that the 850 and v70-90 hatch kinda recesses into the rear bumper. How does this look on an 88 745Ti? Or what bumper is recommended?....
What door handles bolt right on etc.??
Questions Questions!!!!!.
U guys are the experts! Some of you have been where I am trying to go with the Mods. Hopefully I can shed some insight when I try this 850 tailight mod.....

i think that euro lights with wipers, clear corners and 93 854 front and read bumpers is neat. that is my plan if i ever get off my lazy ass.
as far as the 855 hatch on an 745 i don't think it well fit, the 855 hatch looks taller to me. but i have never looked too close so i could be wrong.
if it does not fit put the wiper from a v90 painted body colour might modernise the look a little. the door handels from a s\v90 well fit but look to smooth to me i would paint the stock handels and body trim.

760T man said:
If you get the OEM volvo E-code headlights, IMO you need to retain the clear/amber lenses and also get the headlight wipers on there too.

Clear corners with no headlight wipers doesn't look european enough, IMO.

Well here's a pic to help you decide which is better.

740sidebyside.JPG

Personnally i find the headlight wipers to be a pain in the ass, they look terrible when a wiper motor has a fit and stops half way across the wiper for a couple of weeks, before deciding to work properly.

Hey Chess, you still got that sideshot from your silver740..?
I just liked to see those painted trims again...

Pimping you car again!, notice you didnt post the pics of the mucky alloys and the fucked bumper and the crappy replacment lights, he craked those nice clear jobs :wink:

Griz

CHESH740R said:
[quote:a9bdb09753="Oskari"]Hey Chess, you still got that sideshot from your silver740..?
I just liked to see those painted trims again...

These ones do you mate????[/quote:a9bdb09753]

Yeah, thanks a alot.. :wave:

Back