• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

no temp gauge

jerryc

95 940T. One year only inst panel.
The gauge used to work fine, no issues. Suddenly it does not move at all. Pounding the dash does not bring it up, as that 'fix' sometimes does on other panel issues.
The wires end in a two wire plug at the sender. Yes I am at the right one.
I believe that if I ground the right wire, the gauge will move if the problem is the sender. So which one? Or can I put a paper clip in the plug to connect the two wires to test, without damaging anything?

bumpage; anyone?

Working....on 1994, there's one power wire at gauge, and two wires that go to block-sensor. So, this block sensor would be a temperature dependent resistor, and one wire would go back to gauge. Both wires would be Yellow, with one having black stripe (I assume) and the other a white stripe.

With ignition OFF, I'd pull temp-sensor connector at block, and use an ohm-meter to see which wire was lower in ohms reading. Then, with someone watching gauge, with igntion on, see what temp-gauge reads with connector off. With your paper clip, touch one end to higher ohm reading wire, then touch an engine ground with your other hand to see if gauge moves...if not touch other side of paper clip to ground....my best estimate...I don't have schematics on temp gauge itself, nor do I know what resistance is at temp-sensor.

Back