• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alibaba?

Mbeas96

Anybody on here swear by them? Or have any experience, more specifically, their intercoolerss for 740/940s? Their website seems...weird, and the ability to produce over 2 billion intercoolers a month seems odd at the least.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60174...lvo--740--940&detailId=60174580000&redirect=1

I wasnt going to even try with them because of KLracing offering the 940 mid mount IC at a good price (320 shipped) but they are out of stock and emails from the company says they wont be back in stock till towards the end of the year.

Next, obviously being Do88, and I know they are of fantastic quality and are an amazing product, but for 542 bucks plus shipping, I'm not sure I can justify almost 600 dollars to the girlfriend...even with a discount code and free shipping its still near 500 bucks.

Alibaba is a site with many vendors, so it could go either way. Its like an Indian/china/whatever Amazon. That being said, its hard to screw up an intercooler.

Looking at your build thread looks like you got the old style so why not an NPR? You already got a cone filter so it will basically drop in. You do have to adjust a few things, but for the most part fits real good.

senpr.jpg

Well, it started with wanting an efan instead of the clutch fan, but I didn't want to hack up the shroud, so I got a nissens rad from a NA 940, but then it wouldn't fit with the npr or the older style IC. Now I have everything needed to upgrade to the 92+ style, but now the KLracing IC is out of stock.

I should say the company I work for has bought a couple things from Alibaba.com and it worked out every time. kcernest is correct for the most part, but you can buy just 1 of something from many of the vendors. There is even used equipment and parts on there.

Welp...looking thru the IC on Alibaba and aliexpress, it doesn't seem like they have any "big" ones. The biggest I've come across were the one that was posted above 650x300x76, but also saying core size is only 450mm, being ~25in long and ~12 tall. And definitely not the direct replacement for the mid mount one I was hoping for. The one I posted "looks" like the OEM one, including width (sadly not 3in), but then again no one has gotten back to me from any company about a price.

I'm not around my nissrns rad to measure, but my worry is the 25in overall one will not fit in front of the longer radiator because of the top mounted in/outs

I might just suck it up and not have a "drop in", order a 31x12x3 IC off fleabay for 150 bucks and TB the crap out of it...that'll definitely fit the bigger radiator..

Welp...looking thru the IC on Alibaba and aliexpress, it doesn't seem like they have any "big" ones. The biggest I've come across were the one that was posted above 650x300x76, but also saying core size is only 450mm, being ~25in long and ~12 tall. And definitely not the direct replacement for the mid mount one I was hoping for. The one I posted "looks" like the OEM one, including width (sadly not 3in), but then again no one has gotten back to me from any company about a price.

I'm not around my nissrns rad to measure, but my worry is the 25in overall one will not fit in front of the longer radiator because of the top mounted in/outs

I might just suck it up and not have a "drop in", order a 31x12x3 IC off fleabay for 150 bucks and TB the crap out of it...that'll definitely fit the bigger radiator..

I fitted the chinese 600x300 core version to my 940. It is quite wide. Had to modify the body a bit (behind the headlights, in order to fit the elbows), made custom piping (painted black) and brackets. It was 120$ shipped. People succesfully use this on 700 hp cars.

I am very pleased with the performance. Intercooler exit pipe stays very cool, which wasn't the case at all when using the stock IC. 0.15 bar less pressure drop compared to stock.

Alibaba is a site with many vendors, so it could go either way. Its like an Indian/china/whatever Amazon. That being said, its hard to screw up an intercooler.

So much this. People have a tendency to call things "ebay xxx", "alibaba" or whatever. These are just marketplaces. Kinda like a mall in a way. So it really depends on the seller (store in the mall)

I assume your 600x300 core was about 31" long? If so, I read a lot of peoples questions on here about those. Also a lot of decriptions on how they fit. You have to cut around the headlights, which honestly isn't the biggest deal for me. But, on theother hand, if I can get a do88 IC for a discounted+free shipping then I'm game. Emailing in the process, lets see what happens

I assume your 600x300 core was about 31" long? If so, I read a lot of peoples questions on here about those. Also a lot of decriptions on how they fit. You have to cut around the headlights, which honestly isn't the biggest deal for me.

Yes 31" total length. You have to cut out a little bit of the sheet metal surrounding the headlights in order to fit the elbows nicely. If you do not mind doing this, this is a very cost effective intercooler upgrade.

you can make the Ford RS 500 one work it requites some rework but i ran it was no issues for over 2 years with no issues now i am in the process of cleaning up my engine bay

Back