• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

show your wheels!

I'm not sure if it counts since they aren't on the car, but these are my new wheels and they'll go on whenever I can scrounge the money together for spacers and two tires. AC Schnitzer Type III Replica's 18x8.5 et35, stupidly cheap...150$ for the set w/two tires off CL, I love CL!

IMG_1444.jpg
[/IMG]

These are the regular "steelie mag" wheels that I cleaned up on my beloved "Vol-Rod" 240 sedan. She will be in the next edition of IPD RWD magazine. Those white-walls were painted on using $1 spray paint from Wal-Mart. I got the crisp edge from using frog tape and a black sharpie to clean up the over spray. They browned a bit soon after, but still looked great!!!

I did the same treatment to a silver 245 wagon that rotted out, minus the white-walls... used blue for the wheels only and blue trim to make "Rally-V, the Silver Bullet."

These are the regular "steelie mag" wheels that I cleaned up on my beloved "Vol-Rod" 240 sedan. She will be in the next edition of IPD RWD magazine. Those white-walls were painted on using $1 spray paint from Wal-Mart. I got the crisp edge from using frog tape and a black sharpie to clean up the over spray. They browned a bit soon after, but still looked great!!!

I did the same treatment to a silver 245 wagon that rotted out, minus the white-walls... used blue for the wheels only and blue trim to make "Rally-V, the Silver Bullet."

sorry, bu we can't actually see pictures that's on your computer, you have to upload them somewhere, the site i use is Imageshack it's free and easy. it'll give you a link to post, instead of a directory on your computer which we can't access.

freshlypaintedwidewhite.jpg

I put the images into image shack and they aren't popping up, why?

Last edited:

I put the images into image shack and they aren't popping up, why?

you put a / after the .jpg at the end, but here ya go.

/\ dope

DSC_0004.jpg

this is a nice pre-body work shot
i know.. the stud is there now. it didnt break i just needed it for another set of adapters.. im not drivin the car anyway

^has even more body work to do than I. Hoping to get some welding done this winter, smooth it up this spring, paint by summer?

Do they not have taller 14" tires? I understand the width, but I'd think you want to raise it a bit for clearance, not lower it, lol! I mean, it looks better, but yeah. What's the load rating on those anyway?

You wouldn't want taller than that in a 175. My dad had 175/75/14s on his 245 once and said driving it with those tires on it was the scariest thing he'd ever done, saying you could just about read War & Peace in the time it took for the car to react when you turned the wheel going down the road at 45...

You wouldn't want taller than that in a 175. My dad had 175/75/14s on his 245 once and said driving it with those tires on it was the scariest thing he'd ever done, saying you could just about read War & Peace in the time it took for the car to react when you turned the wheel going down the road at 45...
Meh, pump them up to 40+ psi(if rated for it) and install them on 6" or preferably wider wheels and call it good. If you can find some. Haha.

Andy, how wide are the GT wheels? 6" or only 5.5"?

You wouldn't want taller than that in a 175. My dad had 175/75/14s on his 245 once and said driving it with those tires on it was the scariest thing he'd eve

I had 215/70/14 and it did great in the snow. A 60 series will be more responsive on pavement, but on my 79 245, 215/70/14s were not "scary" nor dangerous on the pavement.

I ran 185/80s on mine this summer and it wasn't strikingly bad imo. :e-shrug:

Back