• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SwedishBrick242...

Trying to get somewhere
Words can't say how I feel about this... I don't really feel like talking about it right now, so I will just let the pictures do the talking...

Edit: This post kinda explains it... http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=1411115&postcount=111

img7864ei2.jpg

img7865qa4.jpg

img7866qi3.jpg

img7867lb4.jpg

img7868bi1.jpg

And thanks Doug for the now much more appropriate avatar.

Last edited:
:omg: O GOD, Not good, please tell me it's not true. Can't be, model Volvo's like that don't get in wrecks do they? GOSH this does really suck. Damn it, i feel for you.

Ohh Logan you poor thing.. keep your head up and save your pennies... another beauty will come your way!

Thank god your okay to tell the story!

There is still alot of life left in that car that you can transfer... your next 242 (hopefully) will be nicely equiped! Hows that left Eiker?

There is still alot of life left in that car that you can transfer... your next 242 (hopefully) will be nicely equiped! Hows that left Eiker?

Thats probably going to be the plan. I am going to see first if it even can be fixed, and if not, the engine is fine, and the Eikers are fine as well as the suspension and interior. All will probably get transfered to my other 242.

Thats probably going to be the plan. I am going to see first if it even can be fixed, and if not, the engine is fine, and the Eikers are fine as well as the suspension and interior. All will probably get transfered to my other 242.

Not saying it cannot be fixed but it looks as if the frame is bent pretty badly. :grrr:

But do tell us what happened when you can.

U must look at it as....you were able to create this thread.....

Your ok, and another will come.....

Who knows, maybe this brick saved your life......or leg....it took the hit for you....

I'm also thankful that I commute on the train to work, so I can take my time in getting this fixed or building the next. I will only have weekends, but hell... it might be fun once I get over the shock of losing this... if I ever do...

If I was you and had money I would rebuild the front as a tube chassis with a stock volvo crossmember .. (not kidding)

Also sorry to hear that your not dead and I'm glad that your 240 did its job and kept you alive..

Volvo For Life

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited:
I gotta agree with Chris on this one. It'll take time. I simply can't imagine what would happen if that happened to my 140, but at the same time I know if it came down to it, it would give it's life in exchange for mine, just as yours did for you.

Glad to hear you're safe. Relax for a bit, be happy you're still hear, and when you get to it start the next plan of attack for another 242. You've got a heck of a start with parts from that one!

Back