• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im good. I ran the best of the two heads. And i was supposed to pick up a kjet head for this thing from ken. But i ran out of time this weekend :/

So the project has taken a slight turn, I believe its for the better, the car is being built as a grand touring car now, I want to have the car to have around 300whp and to be pretty competitive at some of the pro touring events here in California, that being said the car will still be completely practical for daily driver use, I am running a little more aggressive crank case vent system in it and also running dual external wastegates that are being routed into the downpipe for noise, I will be building a venturi going into the valve cover to have constant vacuum on the crank case to reduce blow by at high boost. also the car will still have a/c and now I will be swapping in power steering to make it a little more dd and track friendly. will be adding a power steering cooler as well. since the car is in no e85 territory, I will be running watermeth set at around 13-15psi so I can run a higher compression motor safely at high boost. here are some picture updates including wastegate inspection.

Pro touring lol. Such a meaningless name. It's basically what, muscle cars that get taken autocrossing?

Its my rendition of one. Usually a pro touring car is a classic american muscle car with really good suspension and good power. So im going to do the same with a redblock and good suspension. At 300-350 whp the car should still be good untill the motor blows. Then who knows what route i will go.that being said this car will never have a american v8 in it at any point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back