• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Holset hotside question

Is your actual question "Do the HX35 and HY35 turbine housings interchange?" If so, then no. Otherwise, I've never seen a 12cm housing for an HY or a 9cm housing for an HX.... so I'm not sure what you're planning here... but an he351 with a 12cm twinscroll HX35 turbine housing would be a sick turbo.... but I think it's a lot of work to swap.

Is your actual question "Do the HX35 and HY35 turbine housings interchange?"

Too much of a Holset noob to know Capt.

That said, it sounds like the right question.

I'm not really planning as much as I'm just looking at options at this point in time.

Thanx! :-D

Too much of a Holset noob to know Capt.

That said, it sounds like the right question.

I'm not really planning as much as I'm just looking at options at this point in time.

Thanx! :-D

Yeah it's a bummer. The HE351's got a very nice compressor wheel with a 60mm inducer but are somewhat choked by the hotside. A 12cm or even 14cm twin scroll housing on one of those turbos would be a potent combo.

On a stock motor I couldn't imagine having a 12cm housing unless it was an automatic that was sprayed out of the hole and intended to be drag raced. Maybe with something that reved to 8000rpm, something with more displacement or really tight gearing.

I have an he351 and it's great. I would not autocross with it. I have 3.91 gears and with the v6 t5, 2nd gear is too tall for the turbo at an autox. I'm still going to do it, but I expect mediocre results.

It made reasonable power with the 1990 b230f, k-cam, MS2, etc.

On a stock motor I couldn't imagine having a 12cm housing unless it was an automatic that was sprayed out of the hole and intended to be drag raced. Maybe with something that reved to 8000rpm, something with more displacement or really tight gearing.

The assumption on my part is that the twinscroll aspect of the housing would be utilized via a pulse paired header. At that point it should spool pretty well, IMO... you'd be talking about a turbo capable of close to 500whp at that point, so everything is relative. Admittedly, it'd probably be a bit of a dog with an undivided manifold though.

The assumption on my part is that the twinscroll aspect of the housing would be utilized via a pulse paired header. At that point it should spool pretty well, IMO... you'd be talking about a turbo capable of close to 500whp at that point, so everything is relative. Admittedly, it'd probably be a bit of a dog with an undivided manifold though.

So hot side HX35 housings are twin scroll?

Sending PM.

So let me ask another question. What would the 9 cm and 12 cm housings be equivalent to in Garrett-landia?

Back