• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Car keeps running with ignition coil disconnected

AnthonyHardy2

While I was trying to find the cause of a rough idle issue I disconnected one of the ignition coil wires to turn the car off and instead of stalling the engine continued to run roughly. I also completely disconnected the main coil wire that goes to the distributor and the car did the same thing. I have never seen or heard of this happening before and I want to see if anyone has any ideas for what might cause this. The car is a 1979 242 with a 1992 B230F and LH3.1 swap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CyNLCiPHcGs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol that's nuts...my jeep did that one time with a huge vacuum leak (I put seafoam in thru the brake booster connection to the intake). key out of the ignition but the motor kept going until I hooked the brake booster line back up.

My 90 240 does diesel when shutting down and it pings under load sometimes, would this also benefit from seafoaming? Or manual remove and clean head and piston tops?

Back