• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

hhhmmm....... Gearing??

pengee

T5%20and%20adapter.JPG

So, I am about to embark on the world of T5 :-)
and now I am wondering, what is everyone running for gearing in their rear end? Especially those w/ T5s.

Currently I am running 4.10's. With my setup I am doing approximately 79 in OD @ 3k. I have calculated that with the T5 @ 3k I will be doing 68 in 5th (lame). To get closer to where I am now I will have to use 3.55's. I am thinking of doing 3.31's which would mean that @ 3k I will be doing 90mph. Great freeway cruising :lol:

I am just trying to get a feeling for what might be the best for both daily driver / freeway cruising and still have good off the line performance.

Also, what are peoples experiences with advancing the K cam?? I am at 2 deg. right now, would going much further be beneficial with this cam? I was thinking that it might be time to try something different.

Oh yeah, check my other new toy :rofl:

BOV.2.jpg

WEEEEEEE! It's amusing and exciting at the same time to hear it. My brother calls it my "pain and suffering valve", as the insurance company called me the other day and offered me more cash for my trauma ?? Dunno where they got that but it was free money :rofl:

Man that car is so worked over that I don't know what to tell ya about the K cam! Hahahahaha. Most people like myself crank it to 6* advanced. This brings the powerband down to a reasonable level.

If you put it in 3rd or 4th gear, take it down to 1500 rpm and floor it...... when does the car start to pick up and go? For me it's about 2500-3000 before anything happens, but in that range and above.. holy cow, watch out.

Geeze, one day I think I'll try to retard the cam a few degrees, just to see what it's like and what the differences are. What is that an MVP gear you've got? Should be killer easy to adjust it, just go do it! :lol:

John

PS, I'll give you $50 for that car? C'mon, it's all I got! Work with me here! :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the suggestion Aspirator, as I am sure I will try that at some point. I am still wondering though, who has done the T5 conversion and what gears are you running?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Doug, I know you have....speak up :wave:

[quote:f656435306]I am running 4.10's. With my setup I am doing approximately 79 in OD @ 3k. I have calculated that with the T5 @ 3k I will be doing 68 in 5th[/quote:f656435306]

How are you coming up with that? stock m46 is .797 (.8) and stock T5 is (almost always).68 OD

Back