• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

780 Bertone (PRV) Idling issue and some engine issues.

So its been a few months, still tinkering around with the running conditions on this damn thing. Got everything else dialed in, got a new MAF as the old one actually had melted plastic inside of it from the air filter housing being on fire (?!?!?!?) at some point.

Still has a misfire / doesnt want to rev above 2500 for a bit unless you really punch it and its still running rich as heck. Ordered an adjustable fuel pressure regulator off Summit Racing which I plan on installing as original B280 FPRs are hard to get these days.

Any idea of what the PSI of the fuel pressure regulator should be set at? I already know my current one is completely shot. Will most likely drop a new Lambda sensor in it as well.

OP check your O2 sensor. If it doesn't quickly make a volt after a cold start it is junk.
Secondary ignition will make for it not being willing to do lots of things. Is always cap, rotor, plugs, wires to do it right.
Been like this for a while? Exhaust kittah dies quickly being fed that ick.

Give it exhaust manifolds from an '87-'91 Eagle Premier or Dodge monaco (hack off the flangees and weld on your own headpipes) for 30 no BS horses. The Volvo manifolds are sh!t.

Does this engine use a separate cold start injector? You know, the blue thing? If yes, i seem to remember that those like to dribble fuel even when not in use (= engine at operating temp.) That could cause rich running and plugs to foul. Which could cause misfires.

sidenote: I have one of those blue injectors in my XJ6 S3, it has Lucas L-jetronic ( made under licence from Bosch). I just disconnected the cold start injector and it starts fine even when doing -10C cold starts. Nice clean spark plugs. Saves me some fuel.

Does this engine use a separate cold start injector? You know, the blue thing? If yes, i seem to remember that those like to dribble fuel even when not in use (= engine at operating temp.) That could cause rich running and plugs to foul. Which could cause misfires.

sidenote: I have one of those blue injectors in my XJ6 S3, it has Lucas L-jetronic ( made under licence from Bosch). I just disconnected the cold start injector and it starts fine even when doing -10C cold starts. Nice clean spark plugs. Saves me some fuel.

No cold start injector used in B-280

Back