• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Overhead light makes hot spot on the roof.

rom

I noticed it when it started snowing but there's a hot spot on my roof where the overhead light is. the thing is, i never turn it on, it's not set to go on with the door. there's no reason it should be making a hot spot.

anyone have any ideas?

It's not making a hot spot. It's because there is a different rate of heat transfer there. Air is an insulator and you have a plastic thing right there. So the air effectively stays warmer for a longer period of time there than the headliner.

It's not making a hot spot. It's because there is a different rate of heat transfer there. Air is an insulator and you have a plastic thing right there. So the air effectively stays warmer for a longer period of time there than the headliner.

so everyone's 240 does this?

Mine did it this mourning with a light cover of snow on the roof, all you need is a slight temp difference as the light is close to the sheet metal.

so everyone's 240 does this?

I'm not trying to be rude... are you new to winter?

You're basically getting something like this occurring. Thin metal has a faster heat transfer than metal with air trapped in it. So you'll get shapes like this on your hood dome light... anywhere there's trapped air.

ysunatu5.jpg

That said, by all means check it to be sure you won't die in a fire but like... physics anat.

Back